un well 8 week old jersey bull calf

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by Unregistered-1427815803, Jun 18, 2004.

1. hi i was wonding if any one could help
    about 8 weeks ago we when to the local calf sales and came home with 5 calfs 3 hefers and two jersey bulls
    they all took to the bottles well and were feeding well as per the replacers instructions
    but then i notice that one of the bulls (ringo) wasn't running up for his feed like the others so i went and got him, he has all ways been the slowest drinker but now takes 15 min for a letire and is very skinny he stands with his head right down and looks like he's going to fall over
    when he drinks it's like he can't be bothered altho he hungrey
    he also has some sort of skin condition it sort of flaky skin but when u remove it there are scabs underneath
    i'm stumped any sugestions would be great

2. tinknal

tinknal Well-Known Member Supporter

Please read the other threads. There is so much to go over that I couldn't even start, and most of it has been covered. Without a good list of symptoms we can do nothing to help.

3. SHELBY

SHELBY Well-Known Member

Is he running a temp?? Is he scouring?? You said he was 8 weeks old.. Is he eating grain, hay, or grass?? Please give us some more info so we can be more of a help to you...

4. he is eating grass and grain as well as milk
    poo is good just like a big cows
    haven't taken a temp
    the problem is he dosen't really have many symtoms
    the flaky skin with the scabs and he is very week with very little apitite
    tho he seams to eat hey alright has next to no interest in the milk
    to night he only drank 1/3 of a letire and only just managed to stay up right
    could he go on to some sort of feed that would help as he dosen't seam interested in the milk
    thanks

5. OD

OD Well-Known Member

It sounds like he might need worming.

6. SHELBY

SHELBY Well-Known Member

Might need worming.. Could be a vitamin/ mineral deficiency. Do they have mineral blocks or free choice mineral suppliments available..?