Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i was wonding if any one could help
about 8 weeks ago we when to the local calf sales and came home with 5 calfs 3 hefers and two jersey bulls
they all took to the bottles well and were feeding well as per the replacers instructions
but then i notice that one of the bulls (ringo) wasn't running up for his feed like the others so i went and got him, he has all ways been the slowest drinker but now takes 15 min for a letire and is very skinny he stands with his head right down and looks like he's going to fall over
when he drinks it's like he can't be bothered altho he hungrey
he also has some sort of skin condition it sort of flaky skin but when u remove it there are scabs underneath
i'm stumped any sugestions would be great

·
Premium Member
17,383 Posts
Please read the other threads. There is so much to go over that I couldn't even start, and most of it has been covered. Without a good list of symptoms we can do nothing to help.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Is he running a temp?? Is he scouring?? You said he was 8 weeks old.. Is he eating grain, hay, or grass?? Please give us some more info so we can be more of a help to you...

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he is eating grass and grain as well as milk
poo is good just like a big cows
haven't taken a temp
the problem is he dosen't really have many symtoms
the flaky skin with the scabs and he is very week with very little apitite
tho he seams to eat hey alright has next to no interest in the milk
to night he only drank 1/3 of a letire and only just managed to stay up right
could he go on to some sort of feed that would help as he dosen't seam interested in the milk
thanks

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
It sounds like he might need worming.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Might need worming.. Could be a vitamin/ mineral deficiency. Do they have mineral blocks or free choice mineral suppliments available..?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts