Ughhhh!

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by ginnie5, Jan 20, 2007.

1. ginnie5

ginnie5 wife,mom,taxi driver,cook Supporter

Last night dh and I went out with some friends from out of town. I very seldom wear makeup anymore.....once in awhile like last night. I used to put my makeup on in the mornings and never bother with washing it off. Did that for years with no problems. Well now it seems it doesn't matter even if I do wash it off. Half od the time I wake up with my eyes red and matted shut. I washed my face last night but this morning I woke up and had to stumble to the bathroom and get a wet washcloth to be able to see. This doesn't happen everytime either....about every other time. The only common factor I can find is eye makeup. I don't buy the cheapest stuff either...good name brand middle of the road stuff. New stuff cause I thought maybe this happened cause mine was old. Guess I'm just going to have to quit wearing it completely.

2. via media

via media Tub-thumper

You might want to try one product at a time to help track down the culprit. Maybe just apply eye shadow for a couple of days and see what happens, then just apply the eyeliner, etc. Also, skin in the eye area is so delicate - maybe you're reacting to the foundation?

Another thought: Do you wear contacts? The makeup could be irritating your eye a little and then the contacts sort of trap everything in.

I hope you can find the cause. It's nice to have the option to wear eye makeup sometimes. However, I have to fuss at you a little now, though. :) Always wash your makeup off at night!

/VM

3. sewing nana

sewing nana Well-Known Member

If I were you I would stop using. Sounds like you are have a reacton to it. May cause lots of problems. When I was young I colored my hair. OH MY>>>>> Woke up the morning after could'nt see anything. ER visit and much money later. Allergy reaction. Now I'm just the gray hair lady.

4. ginnie5

oh I have now for years.....just when I was in my teens and 20's partying ya know. Once I got a little older I actually took time to wash it off (not staggering in in the wee hours helps with that! :rolleyes: I'm actually thinking it may be my eyeliner....the way my eyes fell now though it'll be awhile before I wear any more. At least dh doesn't care a bit if I don't wear it!

5. Wendy

Wendy Well-Known Member

How old is your makeup? I know you are supposed to toss it after just a few months. I am the same way. If I wear makeup now I can hardly stand it.

6. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

Perhps just soap and water isn't removing all of the makeup residue. I remove my eye makeup with baby oil first and then wash the makeup off with a makeup remover, rinsing about five times. I follow that up with a night cream.

7. mary,tx

mary,tx Well-Known Member Supporter

Eyeliner always irritated my eyes. Next time, for sure don't use that stuff!
    I'd say you've developed an allergy to something in your make-up, and need to not use whatever it is.
    I pretty much gave up using make-up a few years ago, and it doesn't irritate my eyes nearly as bad as what you describe.

8. A'sta at Hofstead

A'sta at Hofstead Turkey Wrangler

Get a good eye makeup remover (i use avon) then rinse your eys well after you cleanse your face. When I go to sleep without doing it my eyes are glued shut the next am. Good Luck!

9. via media

via media Tub-thumper

Okay, you're off the hook! :angel:

/VM

10. Jenn

Jenn Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm not a big makeup wearer but regularly use baby shampoo to clean my eyelashes and lids- helps prevent itchy allergic eye symptoms- and it takes eye makeup off beautifully and very thoroughly.

11. Ardie/WI

Now, you made me laugh! I agree with you.

I look like the wrath of God without makeup and have stepped out of the house twice without it in 27 years. BTW, baby oil works fine for me but I keep both eyes shut tight. And I rinse, rinse and rinse again!

I also agree with you on needles around my eyes. I get the heeby-jeebies just thinking about it.

12. RachAnn in NW Okla

RachAnn in NW Okla Well-Known Member

what if you got the permanent makeup done and then 10-20 yrs from now it was outta style.....like think about the 80s makeup

YIKES

Rachel <--who doesnt wash hers off at the end of the day....no wonder the pillow cases look so dingy

13. ginnie5

no needles near me...much less my eyes! So seriously ya'll get up every morning and put makeup on? man I guess I'm just lazy or something. lol. Its the rare occasion I wear any. I think it may be the eyeliner but I'm not sure...could be the eyeshadow. My mascara is new so its not that. I've tossed it out at any rate. Walking around with demon red eyes is NOT fun. Nor does it feels good. Kinda like pinkeye just not as goopy. Visine does nothing to help it either.

14. RachAnn in NW Okla

RachAnn in NW Okla Well-Known Member

I teach in a public school so Monday thru Friday I wear it....on the weekends I dont

even then I dont do eye liner nor mascara

Rachel

15. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

Jenn beat me to it...baby shampoo. I have Ocular Rosacea and my dermatologist and eye doctors say to use Johnson and Johnson Baby Shampoo to wash my eyelids with every night. Five drops in a 1/2 cup of warm water. Johnson and Johnson's is pH balanced.

Also, I don't wear mascara any more. Even the expensive stuff irritates my eyes. I prefer being able to see than to having black gunk caked on my eyelashes.

16. ArkansasLady

ArkansasLady Well-Known Member Supporter

awww your the prettiest hawg farm worker I even seen.....

~Cindy~

17. Scrounger

Scrounger Well-Known Member

Like I tell my wife - "You're gorgeous without makeup, how do you expect to improve on that"?
    The only thing she wears ever-so-often is mascara, but not very often.

18. via media

via media Tub-thumper

As far as you know... :p

/VM

19. Crystal H

Crystal H Well-Known Member

of the subject totally... WIHH. You are just beautiful! as a young woman and now.

20. Ardie/WI

Just remember to remove it, remove it, remove it! And rinse a lot.

Whenever anyone asks me why I have good skin, I tell them I cleaned make up off my face a lot and I have good skin genes.