Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone every seen or used this product? Seems like it might be a good product for those of use with arthiritis in our hands.

Udderly EZ Goat and Sheep Milker
UDDERLY EZ" Goat and Sheep Milker is the safest and most effective milk and colostrum collection device available.

UDDERLY EZ" Milker is the most efficient hand operated milking product on the market today. The superior performance and reliability provides for the extraction of milk and colostrum for either immediate feeding or storage. Used internationally by leading farms flockmasters and veterinarians.

The UDDERLY EZ" Milker is provided with the patented hand operated pump, large and small extractor, large and small silicone inserts, nipple, and EZ Wipes to clean/sanitize.

Goat/Sheep Kit: 2 EZ Milker Quart Collection Bottles

Nigerian Dwarf Goat Kit: 2 EZ Milker Pint Collection Bottles

Same as above, both kits come with both size extractors and silicone inserts.

http://1222430.estore.networksolutionsdesign.com/Categories.bok

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BlueHeronFarm said:
We have one - no longer use it. We are just faster by hand. I think it is only of value if you REALLY have a problem with your hands.
Would you be willing to sell it? I have arthiritis in my hands real bad, and could really use one.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Let me check with the huby - it's his toy. :)
If he says yes, we'll PM you...but he may want to keep it in case we ever wrangle some milking help so we can get out of town for a whopping day or two! Ha ha ha. Vacation? What's that??? :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have one too and don't really care for it. It only milks my goats out about halfway and then I have to finish milking by hand. A better option is the MaggieDan's milker. It works a lot better and you don't have to hand finish. It also fits under shorter goats and the EZ milker does not.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I bought one because I have very bad carpel tunnel and it did NOT help. Like Lizzieag said you still have to finish the milking by hand as the ezmilker only pulls about half of the milk out, but not only that, you have to pump several times during the milking on each teat and pumping that thing is actually harder than squeezing the teat. Think those hand excersizers you see that look like two handles with a spring at the top and you squeeze it. Not that hard, but the feeling is a lot the same and the action is the same. I gave up on that and went back to milking by hand but had to cut down to only once a day, one goat. That's all my hands can handle until I get a real milking machine. THAT works for either arthritis, or carpel tunnel.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Someone posted directions a while back about making a hand held milker for under $10. All you need is 1/4 inch tubing for fish tanks, a top off a garden spray bottle, and a 35 ml syringe. You have to cut the tubing to size - but it is a fast easy way to milk and easy to clean. I put one together in under 5 mins. and plan on making another one tonight. They work really well.

·
Menagerie More~on
2,045 Posts
I bought the Maggidan milker and have been very happy with it, it's about 55 bucks with shipping. The large size "teat cup" (actually a 60cc syringe) works fine on both my small teated doe and my LARGE teated doe with small orifices.

Thing is you squeeze the handle repeatedly. Thumb joint gets a good work out, so if your arthritis is there . . . it does save on the index and other fingers though.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I have both the Maggiedan and the EZ milker. The EZ Milker requires a lot of strenuous pumping, and I also have to massage the udder with my other hand. As the bottle fills up with milk it gets more and more difficult to hold, pump and massage. And then, as one poster stated, you have to finish milking out by hand anyway. The ONLY reason I am using it as this time is because it is a closed system and keeps the milk nice and clean. When I finish by hand, I milk into the bottle and it still stays fairly clean, but you can only do one udder at a time that way.
The Maggiedan sits on the ground and the pumping is much less strenuous and frequent. You don't have to hold the bottle up in the air, and you can get a gallon collection bottle with it. It is a little more cleaning but worth it. Mine is working right now, and I just got it. They answered my phone call, but i haven't found a good time to call them back and troubleshoot it yet.
But I do like it better.
The EZ Milker is not a good option for anyone with carpal tunnel or arthritis, IMO.

Blessings, Jill!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Another thing that I dislike about the EZ milker is that you almost have to "oil" the does teats to get a decent suction. Then the teats are too slippery to hand milk, so you have to wash them again. By this point, the doe is done eating grain and just tired of the whole thing, and you haven't even done the second side!

The MaggieDan's milker has a video of it in operation. I have had really good success getting them by email.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I don't oil the teats, but I do use the udder wash recipe from Fias Co Farms website prior to milking. This puts moisture on the teats that helps the suction.

But I really do have to call the Maggiedan people and have them troubleshoot the milker again. I liked it much better.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have been using my Maggiedan milker for about 2 1/2 months and I love it. It only takes a little longer to milk (about 5-7 mins. I timed it). I have found though, you do have to finish up with hand milking, but it's not much. I have no experience with the UD. Ez. so can't comment on that. You do have to pump frequently, but it's less than with hand milking. I LOVE the fact that no dirt, hair, flies can get to the milk. I also have a large and a small teated doe and I use the larger 60cc syringe on both. The folks that sell it have been super easy to work with and nice. I really recommmend it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.