Two sides to every story

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by painterswife, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. painterswife

painterswife Sock puppet reinstated Supporter

I thought I would start this as a new thread.

I have been watching the Bad neighbor threads with interest. I have my own "bad neighbor" and wondered about how others dealt with the problem.

I had posted in one of the first threads how I felt some sympathy for the "Bad neighbors" and the severe consequences of their intial actions.

Today, I read the Pyrnads Husband's postings. I see a very different slant on things in that post. To me it seems that his version includes alot of trying to get payback and a diiferent view of the facts.

To me it shows that every story has lots of versions of the truth.

I also had an episode of "judgement' on this website about my getting possesion of a rescued horse. I now see that in a different light. People on this website were questioning "my version" of the facts. I think I understand that better now.

Every person on this site has the right to question the facts and interpret them as they wish. Is that not the point of living in the USA? The right to make up your own mind about what the situation is.

I know I am about to be slammed, but go ahead, it is your right to have a different opnion than me.

2. harrisjnet

harrisjnet Okie with Attitude

I think that there are always at least three sides to every situation. Both parties version and then what really happened. You can have 15 people at the scene of a crime and have 15 versions of what happened. Are they lying? No, just telling it with their own slant. I treat everything I read as hypothetical. I don't care if it is the actual truth, I treat all questions as if they are a survey question and make my decisions and responses according only to what is written in the post.
    I agree that all people have a right to express themselves on this site, however once is enough. To post basically the same thing over and over is nothing but SPAM. My internet is slow enough without there being unwanted, unneeded replies.

3. pyrnad

pyrnad Well-Known Member

Yes their are several views to every story.
    The point of my posts was looking to see what others would do or if anyone had like problems. I did not need a cyberstalker.

4. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

Cyberstalker- give me a break. Reading public posts is not stalking. In any case - get over yourself already.

5. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

If men are from Mars and women are from Venus than the views are no doubt different...and different depending on your location on said planet :shrug: ...some folks come from Jupiter and that's why they are stupider :help: ...some folks catch the next spaceship to a greater plain of awareness....

But would you "stalk" someone to the far reaches of the internet before forming an opinion....trees were cut...leech field over boundary....its zoned agriculture...

6. painterswife

"I did not need a cyberstalker" I understand, but that is the nature of the internet.

I don't really think that it it is about you. It is effecting you, but I really think he is trying to prove the point "two sides to every story"

The same thing happened to me. I was judged with the story about my rescue horse. They were simply taking the other persons side. It may have effected me but it was not about me personally. It could not be as they did not know me.

7. pyrnad

pyrnad Well-Known Member

I agree with the 2 sides 2 every story, however he went off topic with the animal cruelty case and the animals i rescued. That had nothing to do with what was going on with my neighbor.

8. Shygal

Shygal Unreality star Supporter

You dont consider the fact that tsdave apparently went through great lengths to find a forum that Pyrnad's HUSBAND posted on, another forum completely, and linked it, and looking up forums on the lady she rescued dogs from, and posting it, as a bit of a stalker case??

Thats beyond merely "reading public posts"

9. sisterpine

No it is not beyond reading public posts. I often spend consideral time and energy looking up information on the net both for personal and professional reasons. If you do not want someone to have access to your writing about your life or thoughts then it should not be posted to the web as the web IS a publis forum!

10. painterswife

I agree. That was not an effective way of getting his point across.
    He did cross the line.

I can not pull up the old posts so I can not see when or why he decided to use or post that info. He made a big miss-step by posting info that was not relevant to this situation.

I do find it amazing the info he aquired. It is making me rethink the way I post on the internet and what I post.

11. sisterpine

Okay so he went off topic, that may have been rude but I am not seeing any crime here. The way i see it we have the right to express ourselves on this forum in any way that does not violate the rules we agreed to when we signed up. No one has to read our posts and there are many I do not read simply because I dont like dealing with all of the slamming etc.

12. Lisa in WA

Lisa in WA Well-Known Member Supporter

And thru his postings he has made it clear what Pyrnad's last name is and where she lives. I thought that was against the rules of the forum.

13. painterswife

"You dont consider the fact that tsdave apparently went through great lengths to find a forum that Pyrnad's HUSBAND posted on, another forum completely, and linked it, and looking up forums on the lady she rescued dogs from, and posting it, as a bit of a stalker case??"

I find it interesting? I have often looked up peoples profiles on here because of what they have posted. I may have wanted to know where they live or why they posted something. He took it farther then I have, but I bet lots of others on this website do the same.

Think about it! Many people on here post details of their lives ,that they would not tell their nearest neighbor. They are putting their lives out for review and judgement, taking the chance that anyone could read it and spread it.

14. Lisa in WA

From the Forum rules:
    No material shall be stored or transmitted which infringes or violates the rights of others, which is unlawful, obscene, profane, indecent or otherwise objectionable, threatening, defamatory, or invasive of privacy or publicity rights.

You may well look up people on the internet, but posting what you found, if it can identify the poster and where they live, is not right.

15. sisterpine

stalking -- to pursue obsessively and to the point of harassment
    sorry i am just not seeing stalking here.

16. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

The question is...

" Does pyrnad feel harrassed? ".....

17. Lisa in WA

I do.
    Pyrnad cannot post about this issue, which many of us are interested in, and is a valid homesteading problem without this person's harrassment and repeated violations of her privacy. It's one thing to disagree...another to do what he's doing. I think the dude's got a problem.

18. sisterpine

Anyone who has ever been stalked - and no i have not been. Though I sure have handled a bunch of stalking type cases. Part of the deal with stalking is that the stalked is in a position where the stalker cannot be avoided. Like the intrusion into your daily life is such that you cannot get away from the person. In this case all the alleged victim need do is not read a posting. So stalking it is not. Now if the alleged stalker begins phoning the alleged victim at all hours, or sends the alleged victim various and assorted objects through the mail or sits outside the alleged victims home or workplace with binocs that would be a different story.

19. painterswife

Sistepine, I was going to post why you would know so much about stalking but according to others that would violate policy. i am not sure if you have posted that reason before on the site.

I was going to say if I was Pyrnad , I would feel harrassed but Sisterpines post sheds new light on it for me.

20. Lisa in WA

We were (I thought) talking about cyberstalking. From Wikipedia:

Cyberstalking is the use of the Internet or other electronic means to stalk someone. This term is used interchangeably with online harassment and online abuse.

A cyberstalker follows the victim's online activity to gather information, initiate contact, make threats, or engage in other forms of verbal intimidation. Cyberstalkers target victims using online forums, bulletin boards, chat rooms, spyware, and spam. They may engage in live chat harassment or flaming (online verbal abuse and/or character defamation); leaving improper messages on message boards or in guest books; sending electronic viruses; sending unsolicited e-mail; tracing another person's computer and Internet activity, and electronic identity theft. [1]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.