Twins!!!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Penn Kinders, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Penn Kinders

Penn Kinders Member

Been waiting for my doe to kid, a week over due. But well worth the wait. She had a beautiful set of twins this morning. One buck and one doe. Guess she thought it was too nice out to have babies when it was 70 degrees out a few days ago, and she had to wait for the first snowfall. Hopefully I'll figure out how to post a picture of them.

2. susanne

susanne Nubian dairy goat breeder

congratulations,
    what kind of goats do you have?

3. Penn Kinders

Penn Kinders Member

I have kinders. They are have been their own breed for several years now, but many people around where I live have never heard of them. They are actually 50% Nubian and 50% Pygmy.

4. susanne

susanne Nubian dairy goat breeder

do you have purebred offspring then? or are they allways 50/50 and you have to mix again?

5. Penn Kinders

Penn Kinders Member

The first four generations recieve a merit cetification, and then once you reach fifth generation they are considered registerable as purebred. The nice thing, is you can actually start your own line by starting from a registered nubian and a registered pygmy. They also work as a dual purpose goat as they are good milkers from the nubaian end and are used for meat from the pygmy end. A real nice medium sized goat.