Twins!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by pookshollow, Jun 14, 2006.

1. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

Polly, my big Saanen, gave birth to a buckling and a doeling this afternoon. :dance: She was showing signs of having contractions yesterday afternoon and this morning, she was "talking" so I took the day off work. She waited until 4 pm. Sigh. I'm sure they know.

So, now I have to look into getting them registered, or at least the doeling.

Now, Ivy, one of the Nigerians I bought back in April is showing signs of imminent birth. They weren't supposed to have been bred until late March/early April, but I asked the breeder and he said one of his bucks was in late with them. So, I have no idea when she's due, but she was bagged up with milk last week. Ligaments are still tight, though. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. :shrug: Violet, her penmate, has suddenly decided that she likes affection from humans after a couple of months of "deer in the headlight". :p

2. suzyhomemaker09

suzyhomemaker09 Well-Known Member

Congratulations..baby goats are so much fun....*looks at the 7 doelings and 2 bucklings in the pasture*
    Now to find a buyer for my excess doelings.......

3. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

CONGRATS on the little babies! Good Luck with them, bye.

4. Delinda

Delinda Well-Known Member Supporter

Congradulations! My big Saanen(Sammy) gave birth to twins today also. A buckling and a doeling too.

5. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

Congratulations back at ya!

The little doeling has wonky back legs at the moment but they are getting better. (They both had their selenium shots right after birth) At first, both of them bent the wrong way at the hocks, but now one seems fine, just the other is a bit wobbly. They're both up and toddling around today. Yesterday, they just seemed to want to sleep. I had to milk out Polly as she was looking pretty full - the chickens and ducks enjoyed their treat!