Twins on Christmas Eve!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by TexCountryWoman, Dec 26, 2005.

1. TexCountryWoman

TexCountryWoman Gig'em

I must be excited. I just posted this on DairyGoatsPlus. My Nubian/Alpine(?) had big'ol Boer buck kids Christmas Eve day has we had to leave for Houston. She had them real easy and unassisted and with good presentation, but her bag was so huge that her teats were just a few inches from the ground. I got the kids to suck just a bit but was worried they would never find those "faucets" again. The kids were so big and tall and the teats were so low to the ground. It was very windy and cool, but the sun was out. We had to leave with the kids up on their feet, still slightly damp, with just a two minute nursing each. They were so husky though. We came back and I had prepared myself for the worse, just in case. But they were running all around their pen, just as strong and playful as could be. They had their moms udder sucked way down and their tummies were good and full. They were acting like goats. I will weigh them today. I usually weigh goats at birth, but these will be 2 day weights. Their dad is a fullblood Boer and these kids look fullblood but are just 50%. Both will be wethered and put in the freezer. But loved dearly until then. Again, they are huge!

2. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

COOL! CONGRATS on the new babies! Good luck with them too, I am glad that they did not die nad that everything went smooth, good luck, bye.

3. TexCountryWoman

TexCountryWoman Gig'em

Thanks Goat Freak. I weighed them Monday for their two day old weights and they were 10 lbs and 10 1/2 lbs. They are doing great!

4. Rachel K.

Rachel K. Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

They sure sound like big boys!

5. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

WOW! They MUST be big boys! CONGRATS!