Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, great news today. The twins are a boy and a girl...the boy is at 96%, girl at 67% in 5th month. They could not determine the sex at the last visit due to them being on top of each other and refusing to move! Today they were "boxing" but at least they could get a look. We are thrilled, of course.

·
Ages Ago Acres Nubians
2,609 Posts
how exciting.. congrats.. bet you can't wait to get your hands on the two of them!!!. Gage is already nine wks old (or will be just after midnight tonight LOL).. he's so much bigger then Zade was at this age.. he is also a much more laid back baby.. really enjoying a new one in the house again..

susie

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OT = off topic. These are human babies. If you object to OT, just watch for the "warning" and skip the topic. Simple.

·
STILL not Alice
19,808 Posts
OT = off topic. These are human babies. If you object to OT, just watch for the "warning" and skip the topic. Simple.
Uh... We weren't being cranky about it, we were confused.

If someone had said, "OT - We're talking about humans" then I don't think we would have asked, but :shrug: Why act like we were being snarky?

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, Pony! Not "snarky." I honestly thought that sisterpine might not know about the OT thingy. You know, of course, and I just thought you were being silly!!! Sorry if I came across as thinking something else...like "cranky." You are never "cranky" but I would never bet against "silly!!"

·
STILL not Alice
19,808 Posts
Sorry, Pony! Not "snarky." I honestly thought that sisterpine might not know about the OT thingy. You know, of course, and I just thought you were being silly!!! Sorry if I came across as thinking something else...like "cranky." You are never "cranky" but I would never bet against "silly!!"
Thanks, Dozedotz!

But I have to contradict you on the cranky thing. Sometimes, i totally am cranky. AND snarky.

But I try to temper it, so I don't get banned. ;)

Who's expecting twins?

And now a wonderful song is playing in my head...

Mairzy doats and dozey doats and liddle lamzy divy...

[YOUTUBE][ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dny_JDlwGFM[/ame][/YOUTUBE]

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pony, you are as old as I am...oh, no!! LOL. My husband thought the words were ..."little dams de divvy" "dozedotz" obviously is from his interpretation of the rhyme, too. Anyway, when we first started here two years ago, we did NOT know what OT was, in fact we did not know what LOL was!! It is difficult for young people to imagine the world without "internet language" but obviously people like us...in our 70's...did not grow up with this code. I thought maybe sisterpine might be "one of us"...oh, no!!!
Nancy, this is our youngest son (recently we were asked if he is our grandson!!). He is 32 and he and his wife are expecting twins in March. I had mentioned it in an earlier post, and just assumed the people who would be reading THIS post would already know about it partially because of the OT. Sorry! Anyway, the percentile refers to the babies weight at this point in the pregnancy. The physician said that at 96th and 67th percentile for weight that they are BIG twins and that that is good because at some point they probably will plateau and they want them big enough in case they have to take them early. All of Jo's vitals are great (blood pressure, etc.) and she is just glowing!! However, she is not a very big girl (5' 2) and was a preemie herself (4 pounds). So, we worry!! But all looks good and the kids look strong with strong heart beats and good weight gain!! Onward and upward.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey, what's 20 years between two elderly women? Anyone who remembers Lawrence Welk AND can locate scenes from the show (!) has my complete attention...well, such as it is...!!

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
First child(ren) and they did it all on their own! My son said, "I think we won the lottery as far as kids go...everyone wants this." Bless his heart...we'll see what he says when the dumplings arrive...lol

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, they are a lot of work!! I will let you all know a year from now if he is still on cloud 9 or slipping off the back side for the tumble back to reality!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
My husband told me when I was pregnant with my first that he hoped it was twins, because then we could just have them at once and be done (we wanted 2). I told him, oh heck no! You carry them for 9 months then!!

·
A teeny bit goat crazy
1,338 Posts
....I can understand the first part of that song but the rest...what the heck? Lol

"Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy"

Edited to add: Ohhhhhhhh! Took me a few times rewinding it. Lol "A kid'ed ivy too, wouldn't you?"

My grandpa used to sing this to me but I never understood the second part

Edited to add: Derp, I should have just listened to the whole thing, eh?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts