TV is acting strange

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by HilltopDaisy, Nov 11, 2004.

1. HilltopDaisy

HilltopDaisy Well-Known Member Supporter

I have an older TV set. I`'ve lived in the place for 2 years, and the only channel I've ever gotten is 12. All of the sudden, no channel 12. When I use the remote or manually push the buttons, it skips from 11 to 17. It never did this before. Now I have no television at all. I really don't think it's the set, but what else could it be?

2. BobBoyce

BobBoyce Well-Known Member

The channel has probably been locked out by accidentally bumping the wrong button(s). you should have a function either on the TV or remote (or both) for selecting/deselecting channels. You may find buttons for channel autoset. Pressing that will initiate a channel scan that will automatically select any channels received while locking out the empty channels. hope this helps.

Bob

3. HilltopDaisy

HilltopDaisy Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks Bob, I'll check that possibility out.

4. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

..................Daisy , These latest bursts of radiation from the surface eruption(s) on our Sun causes all kinds of reception problems for TV watchers who still use outdoor antenna's, like You . The most likely reason that your TV is skipping over C12 is because there is NO signal of any strength for it to pickup . My TV does the very same thing . It , will skip right over an established station until the signal strength that your antenna needs returns to a level that is sufficiently strong for the receiver in your TV to pickup . There maybe other causes as well , but the ones I have referred too are also possibilities . You might want to look into a better antenna from Radio Shack that has a Higher gain factor that , in effect , boosts a weak signal into a stronger signal that will enhance your reception . Oh , since you're the Hilltop Daisy , a New antenna should really help your reception! :p ...fordy... :eek: :)