Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I was at least going to feed it out to the dog and cat if it was bad:shrug:

I had to clean the freezer to make room for our steer and piggy Sue who went to butcher a week apart. Lots of meat only a little room. The 10# of deer meat that was 5 yo is being enjoyed by the dog...

BUT

The almost 7yo frozen turkey was worth a try....no freezer burn double wrapped way down in the bottom of the chest freezer....taking up lots of room.

My less frugal husband is at deer camp wasting time and money on beer no doubt:croc:

I cooked it...till it fell off the bone...I tasted it...juicy and good....the children devoured it and went to bed early....and had more turkey for breakfast.

The tag was dated Dec.21, 2001.:p 29cents a pound!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
You'd think it would be turkey jerky by that time:rotfl:
but hey - waste not, want not - right?

Poor dogs and cats will only get the scraps now.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Sounds like it was delicious! I was cleaning out the freezer the other day and thought I had a roasting chicken in there. Turned out to be a turkey breast from last year! Now I don't have to buy one for this Thanksgiving - although I probably will to replace this one.

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Wow! That's amazing. Did it have any preservatives in it? I know that's pretty common with store bought turkeys.

·
How What Where Unknown
549 Posts
I have a 3 yr old Turkey in the freezer, taht was at the bottom. Waiting for a colder day to cook it to help warm the house.

Soup, Stock, Stew and Sandwiches.:dance:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts