Tummy crud, runs off bad spirits - I guess....

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by AngieM2, Dec 11, 2006.

1. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

Just an update about the daughter that said she'd been feeling a bad spirit around me, that she didn't want around the children...

So we did Thanksgiving over at other daughter's and everything was fine.

But I've still not been over to this daughter's place, or really seen the grandchildren since Thanksgiving dinner. Heck, I've stayed busy and on the edges of their life.

This morning, 6:30 am - my phone rings and it's this daughter. They've been up and down all night with 3 year old boy, throwing up, etc. The 19 month old girl got over it last week. BUT, this morning my daughter was having the same problems. Can I come over and help with the children, especially the baby girls to keep them a bit further away from her and brother.

Of course I went. (Mom's always a mom). And it was a bit funny, when I got there grandson and my duagher looked hollow eyed, and icky feeling ...
    But she said something about me being their considering everything.....

I stayed all day. She was as sick as a dog and wondering when she was dying. Both ends.... "Mommy, make me feel better"... fortunately I carry imodium ad generic (and we check with doc since she's still nursing), so that helped one end. But she was sick!

Grandson was getting better. He ended up falling asleep in my arms at lunchtime and slept there for 2 hours, then I put him in his bed for anothter 90 minutes, and he's lots better. That look is out of his eyes.

A friend of daughter came at lunch time to help with the baby girls as I was holding grandson to make sure he stayed asleep, (restless) and if he woke up ill, I'd have the bucket handy.

But son-in-law came home from work about an hour early. He helped when the girlfriend left. But he's getting quezzy.

I probably will be back over there, at least for the morning tomorrow. This seems to be a 24 hour bug.

Now I'm wondering when I'll get it. And am preparing appropriately.
    And I'm hoping since I'm not run down, I might not get it or get it as bad.

But this does lead me to believe that the tummy crud, runs off bad feeling spiritual stuff.

I figured she'd call sooner or later. I do love her, and chose to think a bunch of the former bunk is the new baby harmones working on her.

We will see where we go from here.

Merry Christmas and season's greetings, and Peace on earth and Health.

Angie

2. omnicat

omnicat Well-Known Member

Well, bad news of the bug aside, that sounds like good news..sort of...or at least it's a step in the right direction.

You're a good mom.

3. Boleyz

Boleyz Prognosticator, Artist

Keep it up Angie...You're doing the right thing...Hey, watch those little ones for dehydration...it's a mean virus this year, and lots of kids here are having to get IV fluids.

So far, we've all dodged it...Christmas Blessings to you and yours.

4. KindredSpirit

KindredSpirit Well-Known Member

Angie, you are one of the nicest people on the board. I have a hard time believing any bad spirit would have much use for you! :angel: You are also a nice mom to go over and expose yourself to the flu like that. I would do the same thing in your situation. We will always be "mommies" won't we? I'll say a prayer for you that you don't get sick. :)

5. pasotami

pasotami Hangin out at the barn!

Angie - she will get over the ugly streak - post baby makes some moms do the wildest stuff and what gets me is that it can last for a very long time esp if she is nursing.... I know when I had my kids I would have to remind myself not to take peoples heads off - It is a fact of nature - those hormones are there so we run off threats to our children - unfortunately we are not beast that eat others young and it is sometimes hard for Moms to know if they are being that way - they "think" they are fine even though they are being very ugly. Hopefully this is God's way of setting her straight - I am sorry that she had to get sick in order for her to come around. Start taking your vitamin C and get some of the Aireborn stuff - I'd hoard the Zinc also.... maybe you can kill the stuff before it gets to your tummy. Your an Angel of a Mom!

6. reese

reese Well-Known Member

the quickest and least painful way we got rid of the stomach flu was to sip at diluted organic with mother in it, apple cider vinegar.

Hope this means things will improve between your dd and you. The whole thing baffles me :shrug: . Reese

7. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

Thanks for the thougths friends. I'll check my vinegar supply, and I'm going back over there today.

Daughter is a good bit better, but we don't know if son-in-law has it now and she'll need to take care of him, and me the little ones.

Oh well, it's so tough having to go play with the grandkids. :)

Everyone have a good day...

Angie

8. caroline00

caroline00 Well-Known Member

The Lord works in mysterious ways. Enjoy those kids :)

9. QBVII

QBVII Well-Known Member

I tell you; EVERYBODY here in western KY has this stomach bug!
    Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. It's really spreading, practice good hygiene, wash your hands ALOT!

10. MarleneS

MarleneS Well-Known Member

Well done Angie :), I doubt daughter will soon forget that when she needed her Mommy she was there for her and her family :)

I'm still putting my bet on post pregency blues on that evil spirit thingy.
    Hopefully in the not to distant future ya'll be able to laugh about that one.

Hugs
    marlene

11. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

Isn't it amazing how grown daughters don't need Mom until they're sick? Been there.

12. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

Angie get some activated charcoal and take it until you are sure you aren't sick.

13. Nan

Nan Well-Known Member

Angie....you are such a sweetheart to go over there and nurse them all back to health! Moms are moms no matter what...yep! Hopefully and prayerfully you won't get it! I second the airborne stuff and my grandma swears by the vinegar with the mother in it! Mother for moms....LOL!?! I would add a bit of black strap molasses in the vinegar though...to make it palatable...but some folks like it straight! EEK! Take care of yourself too! Nothing bad spirited about you friend...just a daughter that has a bit of the baby blues and went wacky on you! She will likely feel very remorseful for saying that to you when this is all over! Your spirit is as sweet as can be! I will say a prayer that you don't get the "lumpuckeroos!"...that is what my kids call it when it is coming out both North and South exits! YUCKY! (((HUGS!!!!!! ))) Hope your grandkids are better today so you can get some good cuddle time in!