Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Per an employee TS is going to a points based rewards program. More you buy the more points.
The new rewards program is suppose to start this month.
She said I'd still receive the quarterly % off email coupon in April.
My shopping list keeps growing with each passing Spring like day. Namely galvanized stock tank for a DIY Hot Tub.

Has anyone gotten theirs ?

·
Premium Member
9,113 Posts
I’m not in their rewards program, but I just got an email about it, sounds like something is changing there.

Paul

·
Registered
321 Posts
Tractor Supply used to have a 20% discount for people over 55 on the last Tuesday of every month. I can't find it on the web site anymore, so I don't know if it is still valid.

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
They told me a couple weeks ago that’s what they were doing.

When the wife signed up, I think it was a free bag of feed after buying so many bags of the same type. I always give her number when I’m in there buying feed.
Last time I was buying some welding rod, and they asked if I had a number with them, and I told them “it doesn’t matter for this” or something to that effect.

They looked at me like I had a wiener growing out of my forehead, and said “it matters for everything you buy”.

After a short Abbot and Costello routine, they finally explained that you get points or rebates or something (by that time I was completely done being in that store, and just wanted to get back to my project).

They seemed to imply that it was like that for a while now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tractor Supply used to have a 20% discount for people over 55 on the last Tuesday of every month. I can't find it on the web site anymore, so I don't know if it is still valid.
Dang, I've never heard of a Senior Discount.
We namely routinely buy grain free dog food there. Last year I bought myself mens work pants on clearance. Couple thick long sleeve t-shirts. Few decorations on sale for the Cabin.
This year bought a Chicken Coop on sale, hardware cloth (which found out was cheaper @ HD), a few seed packets. I generally find TS prices higher in general.
Since we are dry cabin I will say that if I'm in the area I'll stop in to enjoy the indoor plumbing before heading home. Cleaner than Walmart.
I found a local organic mill for feed when we get our chickens.
Besides the stock tank we both need Knee high Muck Boots.

·
Super Moderator
13,760 Posts
Posted 4/1/21 6:26 PM CDST

They told me a couple weeks ago that’s what they were doing.

When the wife signed up, I think it was a free bag of feed after buying so many bags of the same type. I always give her number when I’m in there buying feed.
Last time I was buying some welding rod, and they asked if I had a number with them, and I told them “it doesn’t matter for this” or something to that effect.

They looked at me like I had a wiener growing out of my forehead, and said “it matters for everything you buy”.

After a short Abbot and Costello routine, they finally explained that you get points or rebates or something (by that time I was completely done being in that store, and just wanted to get back to my project).

They seemed to imply that it was like that for a while now.
When I go to stores trying to get my name , address and phone number for their rinky dinky loyalty programs that are really only to open my mailbox and phone up for spamming , I first politely decline and if they keep pushing, i tell them since I am paying in cash, if they have a quota to fill , they can list me as "Alex Hamilton" or "Andy Jackson " a temporary worker with no phone or mailing address to keep them from wasting junk mail on me that goes to the trash without even being read,

When they realize the names I give them the first time I am asked to be added to their junk mail lists are two dead presidents on the cash I use, most of the time , they laugh, even the cashiers who have known me for decades.

The only places that have me on their mailing lists are the parts houses where i have bought lifetime warranty parts and one of them still has the 1970 Camaro listed on me that got T boned and totaled in 1986 because I bought a lifetime starter and plug wires for it . I have told them 5 or 6 times when the Camaro comes up that it can be deleted because i scrapped it to a crusher yard after it was totaled but they say the system won't let them.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Dang, I've never heard of a Senior Discount.
We namely routinely buy grain free dog food there. Last year I bought myself mens work pants on clearance. Couple thick long sleeve t-shirts. Few decorations on sale for the Cabin.
This year bought a Chicken Coop on sale, hardware cloth (which found out was cheaper @ HD), a few seed packets. I generally find TS prices higher in general.
Since we are dry cabin I will say that if I'm in the area I'll stop in to enjoy the indoor plumbing before heading home. Cleaner than Walmart.
I found a local organic mill for feed when we get our chickens.
Besides the stock tank we both need Knee high Muck Boots.
I never heard of this either!! I've been missing 20% for years!

·
Premium Member
25,861 Posts
Their current neighbor rewards program is worthless when you buy only a bag of rabbit food and a couple bags of wood pellet bedding each month. The only time I got coupons was just after a rare large purchase.

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
1,308 Posts
The only places that have me on their mailing lists are the parts houses where i have bought lifetime warranty parts and one of them still has the 1970 Camaro listed on me that got T boned and totaled in 1986 because I bought a lifetime starter and plug wires for it . I have told them 5 or 6 times when the Camaro comes up that it can be deleted because i scrapped it to a crusher yard after it was totaled but they say the system won't let them.
But if you have a phone, I bet you get "Your vehicle warranty is about to expire . . . " calls.

My brother drives a 25-year old, beat-up Camry with over 200,000 miles on it. When he gets those calls he has fun with the caller.

·
Premium Member
25,861 Posts
Posted 4/1/21 6:26 PM CDST

Your parts store is better than O'Reilly's. They recently updated their system and lost the info on parts we bought last year. Sam's Club loses my tire info every 6 months.

·
Super Moderator
13,760 Posts
Posted 4/3/21 1:55 AM CDST

But if you have a phone, I bet you get "Your vehicle warranty is about to expire . . . " calls.

My brother drives a 25-year old, beat-up Camry with over 200,000 miles on it. When he gets those calls he has fun with the caller.
When those warranty calls leave a message on my answering machine , I laugh as I delete them because my 3 rides are a 41 year old F150 pick up, 34 year old Tahoe package Blazer and a few times a month my 56 year old restored / custom safety feature updated" first car" Galaxie two door hard top .. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Apparently, I need to spend another $1k before I am able to level up.
Which is never gonna happen.

Found a local grain feed mill.
They also sell grain free dog food which was our primary reason to go to TSC.
Now to see where I can get a new stock tank for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I get a rewards rebate from my local DoitBest stores.

It can be a couple grand a year.

Of course, I spend a ton there to begin with, as ours are also lumber yards.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Per an employee TS is going to a points based rewards program. More you buy the more points.
The new rewards program is suppose to start this month.
She said I'd still receive the quarterly % off email coupon in April.
My shopping list keeps growing with each passing Spring like day. Namely galvanized stock tank for a DIY Hot Tub.

Has anyone gotten theirs ?
I didn't qualify for the quarterly 10% off coupon so I didn't get it; however, they did send me a $10 coupon ($50 min purchase) for my birthday that is at the end of this month, so that was something, better than the 10% off I would have received for purchasing a bag of goat feed,a bag of chicken feed, and pine shavings.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got my 10% off coupon. Saved $11.50 on a galvanized stock tank (future wood fired hot tub project), big bag of chick starter feed, pine shavings for compost toilet. No chicks unfortunately as they were sold out of Bantams.
Only another 1000 points to go, lol.
Which won't happen. No matter how much kibble our dogs eat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts