Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped today to talk with a lady who knew my grandmother here in town. She was at work at the local drug store here as a cashier, just like she has been now for 43 years. They have built 3 new stores in that time, and she has been there since I was a small child tagging along with my grandmother to town. We had a really nice chat yesterday, and I told her that it's just hard to believe, but great to see some one of her age still getting around so great. Most people her age have lost their wits about them, but her, she gets up and stays busy she says. She works 30 hours a week still at the drug store. Last week the local news even ran a story on her for her birthday. For being her age and still doing so great. Mrs. Sessions is now 95 years old and still going strong. I hope that I even manage to live that long.

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Wow, that's great. I'm sure having something to do is part of what helps her keep her zest for life.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Glad you had a chance to talk to her and that she remembered you and your Grandmother. Theres not many things I'd rather do than to set and talk with Old Folks. Listen as they tell of times gone by and how they did things way back then. And tell how folks worked together back then. It don't take long talking with an older person to see why this country is in the shape its in.I remember as a boy there was an old man down the road that was crippled and couldn't walk and I would go and set down and talk hours on end and never did get tired of listening. Theres two things I believe that most old folks will do, They will tell you the truth and they will tell you whats the right thing to do. Maybe just maybe the world has to many computers talking to todays kids, rather than old folks.Thats sad,The Old Folks need to talk and todays kids need to listen. They are both being robbed IMHO. Eddie Buck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts