Trixie's boyfriend comes today!!!!!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by SDjulieinSC, Sep 6, 2006.

1. SDjulieinSC

SDjulieinSC Well-Known Member

I'm not sure who is more excited, her or me!?! I am picking him up after work today. I can hardly wait. She will hopefully behave herself...she's been a very spoiled only child.
    Anyone have any good name ideas? I'm leaning towards a name starting with "T".........

2. GoatLove

GoatLove Well-Known Member

How about Tony! How is he? Any pics?

3. TexCountryWoman

TexCountryWoman Gig'em

4. SDjulieinSC

I WAS NOT love at first sight! Seems to be getting better very fast though. They even slept in the same dogloo last night.
    He is so much bigger than she is, I think it is partly due to the male/female thing but mostly because he was raised by his mother. He definately is not as friendly as Trixie but is coming around.
    I'll see what I can do about some pictures!
    Keep the names coming!

5. TexCountryWoman

TexCountryWoman Gig'em

6. SDjulieinSC

TCW you may be on to something there!!

7. Starsmom

Starsmom Well-Known Member

Be careful with breeding. If he is a lot bigger than her, you don't want her to produce a kid so big she can't deliver it. Unfortunately, I did that and had to help at kidding time. The little guy was really not so little. When his hoof presented and I saw it, I knew trouble was a brewing. Then she started screaming and well you know the rest. All went well, but if I had not been there she would never have been able to have it. The kid is now 5 months old and nearly as big as his Mama. He was twice the size of the other kids at birth. So a word of caution here. BTW, when she was bred to the buck he was about her size, but I wasn't thinking and he was only about 5 months old. Lesson learned and luckily no losses.

8. SDjulieinSC

No worries Starsmom....I haven't told either one of them but he will never be a daddy (although I have a feeling he knows). No babies for me, I think I had better figure out what I'm doing with these two before I try to add any more to the mix! Thanks for the warning though and I will keep it in mind if I ever decide to get her a REAL date.

9. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Well-Known Member Supporter

Tell us what he looks like? I love names that mean something....Trey (three), Tank if he is big, Flannery (meaning red head) Flynn (son of red head), Bruno (brown haired), or Waldo (meaning Ruler)! QB

10. SDjulieinSC

OK QB here goes. Please forgive me for not knowing the proper terms. He is a pygmy, white with what I call black points, I'm sure that there is a real name for it but thats the best I can do. Compared to Trixie he's pretty big. I think he's very handsome. He's still pretty shy but is getting better every day. I think the fact that she is all over me will help him to see I'm OK. I need a happy medium!
    I took him to have his horns done this morning so I hope I haven't caused a setback in making friends with him! Phew..my explorer smells like a petting zoo! Guess thats what windows are for!
    I like the idea of the names with more of a meaning! Go for it~