Homesteading Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Good observation in general. I am curious about the true integrity, and honesty of everyone that posts on the internet. I am honest about what I say- but everything is subject to change- since we are constantly evolving.
I was raised in a very split household- Father was very Conservative, Mother was very Liberal. There was lots of arguing and disagreements. Lol To say the least*
I think that the issues that we face day to day, determines which way we lean. I like to think that I am Center/Left. I am not a Conservative, or Trump supporter, nor Am I a die hard Democrat. Actually , I like to think of myself as an Anarchist. ALL of the current Politicians are Bought and paid for- and not by You and I. It disgusts me!. I am not very confident that the Government is heading in the right direction. Wake up America!, Term limits!, Limit Monetary Contributions by big business, and the wealthy. Stop the war mongering- Use those Défense funds for infrastructure and Social Programs! Take back our Country!
Easy, there, killer.
Watch that third rail. It bites.

·
Registered
27,513 Posts
So, wait a minute, none of us were allowed to suppose that we’d be one of the 40% or so who were anti-slavery back in the 1850s, but you get to be that unicorn that literally hung out with everyone in school?

Sure.

JK. Just giving you a razz.
We had 120 in our graduating class. I went from kindergarten to graduation with a lot of them. We had three elementary schools that fed into 1 Jr./Sr. high school. I played sports with and against the other two elementaries. Plus, there weren't the rabid cliques then like there are now.

We simply were long time friends.

·
Registered
27,513 Posts
Good observation in general. I am curious about the true integrity, and honesty of everyone that posts on the internet. I am honest about what I say- but everything is subject to change- since we are constantly evolving.
I was raised in a very split household- Father was very Conservative, Mother was very Liberal. There was lots of arguing and disagreements. Lol To say the least*
I think that the issues that we face day to day, determines which way we lean. I like to think that I am Center/Left. I am not a Conservative, or Trump supporter, nor Am I a die hard Democrat. Actually , I like to think of myself as an Anarchist. ALL of the current Politicians are Bought and paid for- and not by You and I. It disgusts me!. I am not very confident that the Government is heading in the right direction. Wake up America!, Term limits!, Limit Monetary Contributions by big business, and the wealthy. Stop the war mongering- Use those Défense funds for infrastructure and Social Programs! Take back our Country!
I agree with you on most of everything but the anarchist thing :coffee:

Reactions: Twp.Tom

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
this is tough it seems like picking people already mentioned would be cheating but Id easily pick all of the above and the OP. Off the top of my head, and in addition to all in the original post.
@HDRider right/far right
@Bearfootfarm center/right
@wr center/right
@Mish center/right
@Cornhusker far right

and yes...I think GM got my politics right. Though I call myself more of a skeptical independent .
I’m guessing he is center/right too.
though I am probably way off on everyone.
“Skeptical Independent”; I like that. I’d definitely consider that party if it ever showed up on my ballot.

I definitely do lean right. I make no bones about that. I was definitely left, at one point in my life, and found my way here, so it would be silly of me to try to deny where the path took me. That said, I do occasionally play Russian-roulette with a revolver loaded with left ideals. Most of the time, when I end up with a left position, I never saw it coming. I just had to be honest with myself about what I discovered that I think.

I totally forgot about Mish, or the rules would have been “pick six”.
Still, my table would have less elbow room after we pulled in two more chairs for
@Mish (center/center-right) -and-
@Alice In TX/MO (who knows, she’s the teacher and isn’t going to waste her time politicing with us kids anyway)

·
Premium Member
19,753 Posts
I know there were people like that...who range around.
I was always the new kid in school. Two elementary schools, two middle schools and three high schools and there were nice kids who made it a point to sit with the new kids. For which I was grateful. I was shy and pretty much a dork till college so I loved those welcoming kids.

·
Premium Member
19,753 Posts
“Skeptical Independent”; I like that. I’d definitely consider that party if it ever showed up on my ballot.

I definitely do lean right. I make no bones about that. I was definitely left, at one point in my life, and found my way here, so it would be silly of me to try to deny where the path took me. That said, I do occasionally play Russian-roulette with a revolver loaded with left ideals. Most of the time, when I end up with a left position, I never saw it coming. I just had to be honest with myself about what I discovered that I think.

I totally forgot about Mish, or the rules would have been “pick six”.
Still, my table would have less elbow room after we pulled in two more chairs for
@Mish (center/center-right) -and-
@Alice In TX/MO (who knows, she’s the teacher and isn’t going to waste her time politicing with us kids anyway)
Wiscto (is he still here?) came up with “skeptical independent” and it fits perfectly.
yes, Alice too.
We’ve had our clashes but she is an intriguing person. I think she leans right but keeps an open mind.

·
Have a Great Day!
5,135 Posts
I agree with you on most of everything but the anarchist thing :coffee:
Yeah lol, I may have got a little carried away there. But the fact of the matter is, I really don¨t like being told what to do-even though I normally comply. We should all think for ourselves- and do and act in a fashion, that we believe is Right, and Honest. If that means looking at the Government, and Leaders with scepticism, then so be it! LOL***

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I went to a private high school that had 65 students for the four grades.
It was a seminary.. We all hung out and partied together.
The only special ones were Buffy and Biff who played all the sports.
Names are changed.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
That little guy is just creepy 😂
Thank you. The creepy little laughing guy was needing a like response.
Don't you agree?

Reactions: Irish Pixie

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I think I'd hang out at a lunch table with pretty much everyone here. I don't really care about someone's politics so much as the ability to put together an argument for why someone believes the way they do, and there are a lot of you that are able to do that. It's why I keep coming back ;)

But if I'm perfectly honest, I don't do well in a tribe. I'll volunteer to be the hermit in the cave up the hill that comes down occasionally to bother people and grocery shop.

We had 120 in our graduating class. I went from kindergarten to graduation with a lot of them. We had three elementary schools that fed into 1 Jr./Sr. high school. I played sports with and against the other two elementaries. Plus, there weren't the rabid cliques then like there are now.

We simply were long time friends.
I feel you. We had 80ish in our graduating class, and about two thirds of them I went to kindergarten on up with. The other third was from another town that fed into our junior high (although we still knew most of them because odds are someone you go to elementary school with was related to them and you used to play together outside of school). We didn't necessarily have cliques either. Really narrowed the dating pool, though. It's kind of a turn off when a guy asks you out but you remember when he used to eat dirt under the swings and had that messy bathroom accident on a field trip in third grade.

·
Administrator
19,108 Posts
Thanks guys. I spent the last day trying to figure out what direction I lean.

The more time I spend as a mod, the more I've come to realize that people are dimensional and those I thought were hard core conservative or far left leaning and not quite what I thought they were.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Thanks guys. I spent the last day trying to figure out what direction I lean.

The more time I spend as a mod, the more I've come to realize that people are dimensional and those I thought were hard core conservative or far left leaning and not quite what I thought they were.
It never is.

·
Premium Member
8,754 Posts
This is difficult.

one person I used to enjoy disagreeing with long ago seems to be disengaged now and only makes snide comments; no longer really participates. I would enjoy having the previous version around the campfire, the current version is no longer interesting.

another person I haven’t really ever gotten anything of value from their posts, their way of thinking just doesn’t fit or make sense or adds anything to my world. I’m clueless as to what they stand for. I am to the point I just don’t care what that person says as nothing is ever really said. I guess they don’t seem genuine to me.

not trying to call anyone out here, pretty good chance I’m the problem not them. Just would not enjoy any time with people that don’t seem genuine to me and not able to say something, they probably feel the same about me and that’s fair.

everyone else here I’d enjoy the campfire although I get terribly shy in groups bigger than 3-4, so I’d probably be very quiet.

I tend to let my guard down and have fun with conservative minded folk, but it’s incredibly boring discussing world events with them. I tend to enjoy conversations with moderately liberal folk as they can put stuff out there I wasn’t thinking and let me grow. More so on life in general. Politics I find very off putting, we are in an extreme phase on politics right now and there is no value in discussing politics. I enjoy conservative values, but not one party line or the other.

I don’t think I played by the rules here, didn’t follow along with the original premise.

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Interesting question. Many that would make my list have moved on. One I miss is TG. And her posts of the day. Disagreed with her, but enjoyed her. Willow Girl too.

Everyone would know my obvious answers so won’t bother. But one who I don’t agree with but would like to sit down with is GunMonkey. I enjoy his his/her no bs attitude interesting. Alice too.

And there are others who if we stayed away from political and some social issues would be fun. I would enjoy watching a Husker game with one.

Again interesting question.

·
Premium Member
23,628 Posts
I'm with Mish. I would enjoy real conversation with most here but would prefer my cave in a hill on the other side of your encampment.

I've been told I don't play well with others. Must be true, it's written on 12 years worth of report cards. In school I prefered to be left alone with my books during lunch.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts