treats for goats?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Debara, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Debara

Debara Well-Known Member

What types of treats does everyone give their goats? We have been giving ours Craisins, fruits, vegetables, and puppy biscuits. Just would like some other ideas. Thanks, DEB :p

2. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Well-Known Member

Nigel was on a real tomato kick for a while! It was cute because after he was done eating one, he looked like he was wearing lipstick! LOL. :p

My guys right now are just thrilled to get fresh new growth from the maple and walnut trees. They go absolutely nuts when they see me walking towards the bushline.

3. lgslgs

lgslgs Well-Known Member

We just use brushing and combing as a treat. Works well once they understand what's going on.

All we need to do is show them the grooming gear and they nudge in to get their share. We like to use the comb and brush as treats while doing hoofies. One of us combs, and as the goat zones out and smiles the other trims hooves. Comb and brush also works a good distraction while they get their shots.

We do give them the occasional carrot top or spinach stem as well.

Lynda

4. Bunbun

Bunbun Well-Known Member

Mine goes NUTS for animal crackers. If she is losse all I have to do is show her the bag and she is right there.

5. ScorpionFlower

ScorpionFlower Insanity prevails

Oats and Alfalfa pellets. My girls seem to think my rose bush is a dessert, but I don't agree.

6. rranch

rranch Well-Known Member

My goats love saltines. Just the crinkle of the wrapper and they are all over me.

7. Sarah J

Sarah J Well-Known Member

I use graham crackers as they get off their milk stand. It's my way of saying thanks, you did a good job. :)

Sarah

8. huntingnappanee

huntingnappanee Active Member

We give out goats Apple Treats that are made for horses. They like the taste and they are a good source of minerals.

9. oberhaslikid

oberhaslikid Well-Known Member Supporter

Pethy apples and oranges that we dont eat up in the week.bread and crackers,raisins,corn husks.Cherry tomatoes always plant extra for the goats and pumpkins.

10. titansrunfarm

titansrunfarm The Awesome PT & Friends

My Legolas loves grapes. Everyone likes the "NickerMaker" horse treats. Watermelon is a big hit also.

11. Sondra Peterson

Sondra Peterson Well-Known Member

I use BOSS (black oil sunflower seeds) corn chips

12. AllWolf

AllWolf We love all our animals

I give my goats for snacks or treats are crackers and suckers but I have to hold on to the stick to make sure they do not get it. I have a goat name Molly that goes nuts over a grape sucker but everyone loves the crackers I give them plus if I have a peanut butter cracker in my pocket to give to my pups they about knock me down to get that one too. I love my goats and they love me.

13. nduetime

nduetime I am a Christian American Supporter

Right now we have a lot of mulberries. The goats just love them!