Trapping in Calif.. WHat a joke...

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by RoyalOaksRanch, Nov 19, 2006.

1. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy

I was all exceited about my son and I getting our trappers license.. Here in Calif they give you a book to study then you have to pass a test.. So we diligently start to study.. Common sense for most of it. until we get to the part of what traps are legal and what are not.... We grab pen and paper and get ready to write down the specifics so we can order traps... Guess what... You cant use any traps that actualy WORK... no leg holds, snares or anything that grips any part of body or limbs.. Only cage type traps, nets and LIVE beaver traps are allowed.. IN other words if your going after any canids, forget it.. You cant get them into a cage trap... They walk around and laugh at it like "You GOT to be kidding" LOL.. You cant use any of the normal traps that you wouild think of as being a part of trapping. I mean come on... Every dang bunny hugger in the US must live here... As they complain about deer, coons, coyotes etc coming in too close they wont let anyone go after these animals.. ANd the fish and game plays right in with the dang bunny huggers by making all these rules that are basically designed for you to NOT catch anything... Yes I am mad and IM on my soap box....
    Calif has got to be the most rediculous state to live in.. And as IM griping and complaining about the stupid bunny hugger rules.. wondering why the heck I havent moved out of this stupid state...what should greet me on the front page of AOL welcome screen?? THIS---http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/raccoons-invade-los-angeles/20061119090309990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001
    Raccoons invade neighborhood... And thnis lovely quote just floored me--- "What we're trying to inculcate in the L.A. community is a reverence for life. If we have more reverence for life, it translates into all our programs — for women and infants, the elderly and everybody in our community," said Ed Boks, the head of Los Angeles Animal Services.

"As we develop these programs that demonstrate our compassion for creatures completely at our mercy, it makes for a more compassionate society all the way around."
    -- Like what the heck are these idiots thinking? Dogs being mauled!! People wont leave their dogs out at night and wont go walking at night??? What are they gonna do if its a child next?

2. Bearfootfarm

Bearfootfarm Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....? Supporter

3. Yeti

Yeti Well-Known Member

your welcome to come to michigan and live here. we have lots of rules but you can use conabear traps and snap traps. I can't say I had much luck with live traps except for coon & skunks. I would think you have to have a peice of steak in there to get a any kind of dog in one.

4. elkhound

elkhound Well-Known Member Supporter

i know what you mean ...thats the reason i left washington state for the most part....all the funstuff was being taken away from you...so i left for my stomping grounds as a kid and came home.now i get to do all kinds of things here.i miss the west but you cant do alot of the things i moved there for now....but for what its worth...you can catch greyfox and bobcat in cage traps and coon also.cats is where the money is at also.......get out there and do your best with what you can use and have fun.

5. Ed Norman

Ed Norman Well-Known Member

I read about a Texican that raises cockerels and keeps them separated and out of sight from each other, by bushes or buildings. That makes them grow up crowing non stop. Then he plunks them in a secure cage in the back of his big live trap and the bobcats get in line to go inside.

But a coyote? Forget it.

6. RoyalOaksRanch

I have LOTS of roosters, and belive me you dont have to keep themn out of ight to get them to crow LOL.. I have around 75 to 100 roosters at the moment.. And I can attest to the fact that they dont hardly ever shut up LOL.. Maybe now Ill have a new use for these extra roos I was about to cull... Hopefully my bear/bobcat hunt will hurry up and get here, I can take a few of these noise makers with me and try out the theory :)
    Oh wait no I cant.. I live in Calif.. Baiting isnt allowed.. Gee imagine that...

7. GREENCOUNTYPETE

GREENCOUNTYPETE Moderator Staff Member

So you just figured out Califorina is for the fruits nuts and bunny huggers you think thats bad
    you should look at some of the web sites about trap and release of feral cats
    if you want the population to go down trap and kill workes 10 years faster these people are morons

if you want fox i know of a place in wisconsin were they are severly under trapped and getting thick

8. HeatherDriskill

HeatherDriskill Well-Known Member

There's a sign for a wine vineyard here that says "Just like California, but not as fruity"...Ha, ha!

9. RoyalOaksRanch

ROFLMAP Nah I new it was bunny hugger state, but used to they were just a small portion... I just cant believe how many MORE there are these days....Its just so dang irriatating to want to trap then find out sure you can trap but only with X types.. meaning forget it.. All youll get is coons, possums and skunks. Heck I can shoot those, dont need no trappers license for that...
    And that feral cat program what a crock of crap.. They catch them but you HAVE to put them back in the saem exact area you trapped them.. they spay/nueter them and cut the tip off one ear... So at least they arent reproducing.. HOwever we all know how fast cats mulitply.. You cath one there 10 more already had kittens by the time you spay and release that one LOL...
    ANd I LOVE that sign... That is just too funny....