transport/NY ?

Discussion in 'Sheep' started by eieiomom, Dec 27, 2006.

1. eieiomom

eieiomom Well-Known Member

Hey folks,

Earlier (I believe it was last summer), someone here posted about a friend of theirs in NY who occasionally transported animals to the midwest area....
    Does this ring any one's bells ?

Thanks !

2. eieiomom

Just in case you missed my replies yesterday....

Thanks to Tracey and Mary !

Mary,

I was looking at a ram from NY, but unfortunately won't be able to afford him at this time (hopefully this summer) :rolleyes: ......I will have more EFx lambs born this spring and available to good homes next summer, should I put you on my contact list ?

Thanks,
    Deb

3. JHinCA

JHinCA Well-Known Member

4. eieiomom

Thanks JH,

Actually, I have had Ron transport sheep several times....just looking for other options , possibly someone headed this way.
    Last summer it worked out great, hitched a ride for 28 sheep headed out west by a breeder coming this way to pick up other animals.

Deb

5. kesoaps

kesoaps Well-Known Member

That was beyond a sweet deal this past summer! So, when you get your new boy, you'll no doubt need a home for the old boy... :p You know Karin and I are/will be in the market for a purebred at some point!

6. eieiomom

No plans at this time to sell him in the near future ...purebred Friesians (from a trusted breeder, with papers and records of his genetics), are very difficult to find.
    Zeus has an incredible disposition to go with it too , as do all our rams :)
    But, will keep ewe in mind if I do .
    Afterall, you do have a son and daughter out of him ;)

7. minnikin1

minnikin1 Shepherd

It's definite that I will be adding one soon. "Soon" never comes when I'm ready, though. So let's say eventually.
    We're aiming for next summer, so please do put us on your contact list for a nice ewe lamb.
    PM sent regarding a question I have for you...