Transfering registration

Discussion in 'Goats' started by midkiffsjoy, Jul 24, 2006.

1. midkiffsjoy

midkiffsjoy Bedias, Texas

My mom called the Huntsville Auction barn today to see WHEN the goat auction is going to be held (its gonna be in Oct, but they havent set a date yet) and they told her that they had a couple of dairy goats in, so she raced up there and bought me a registered French Alpine named Dusti. The papers have the transfer part filled out and signed by the seller, and all I have to do is fill in MY blanks...after that do I just send it in with money and wait for new papers to arrive????

BTW.....Shes HUGE!!!! I think she must have been someones 4-H project because she doesnt look like shes EVER been bred (NO developed utter....but NICE sized teats. Gonna be VREY easy to milk) Shes SO tame that after I read her name on the papers and started talking to her using her name she walked up to me, held still for me, let me rub her all over, walked to the trailer and hoped in. You can TELL shes used to being trailered alot. So far shes even calmer than Babe. And thats saying something!!! Mom is beating herself up because there was another registered Alpine that she didnt bid on because she thought I'd yell at her (its a hold over from my dad being a controling, abusive, butthead. Ive NEVER yelled at her for anything, but I understand because I never buy anything without Evan's permission....luckliy he knows better than to ever say I cant). I REALLY hope who ever bought the black goat isnt gonna bar-b-q it because if its HALF the goat Dusti is that would be a HUGE shame!!!

BTW...is there anyone in Texas who has a reg Alpine buck who'd be willing to stud to Dusti??? If so...email me pictures and prices!!!

Thanks all!!!!

2. trob1

trob1 Well-Known Member

Yep! That is it and they are usually pretty fast at sending them back. If you can I would make a copy of it just in case it gets lost in the mail.

3. midkiffsjoy

midkiffsjoy Bedias, Texas

I was thinking about that! Thank you. Sometimes it helps when someone says "Yeap....thats what you do!" giggle

4. Charleen

Charleen www.HarperHillFarm.com Supporter

Just to be on the safe side, compare her ear tattoos with what's indicated on the paperwork. I know you mentioned that she knows her name, but you should check anyway.
    Clean the inside ear with a diaperwipe and then hold a flashlight against the back of each ear to see the tattoo ink.