Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
17,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would have never guessed that this cute little fat fellow was in training for the Olympics. I'm pretty sure he runs at least a marathon distance every night. He has even added weight training
There's only one problem .
He is the hamster in our living room.

What's up that this cute little ball of fur that was so laid back at the pet store seems compelled to run all night? He has even carried food up to his running ball to the point its a third full. Im sure it adds weight and thus makes it harder to run not to mention that rattling sound!

·
Premium Member
23,896 Posts
If you guys could see what some critters did to the inside of our(vacation) log cabin.Noone whet there for almost a year. I bet every walnut tree for miles provided fruit for the party they had. It's going to take me weeks to clean it, with about 1/4 of the contents thrown away.

·
Premium Member
3,681 Posts
He's getting ready for the winter. All of a sudden my old retired horse is coming to the barn every morning and night for feed. A few weeks ago he had no time for humans.

·
Unpaid, Volunteer Devil's Advocate
18,366 Posts
He is running back to the store and taking his food with him.:D
Have a dog? Seal the hampster into the ball and let the dog roll him around the back yard?

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Perhaps it is a show of solidarity for their Lemming cousins who run off the cliff?

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Maybe play him some motivational music? Eye of the Tiger, chariots of Fire theme, maybe some We Are The Champions?

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
If you want a quiet-at-night rodent pet, get a guinea pig. Actually get two because they need company. The little beasties are domesticated (unlike hamsters who have only been kept in captivity since the 1940s or so.) G-pigs do little beyond eat/chew (constantly) and poop. No running balls needed, although they do occasionally get 'fits' of running crazily about the cage. No cage needed either; they are quite content to live in an open-top box, so long as other household animals can control themselves.
On second thought, Oggie has a point--keep the cage.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
He's it!
He's the one that will trigger what we'll all been waiting for!

If he's storing food, then eating it while running in a rotatory device, you need to be quick and fit him with a cork, otherwise the S will HTF.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts