"Trading Spouses"

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by mpillow, Jun 1, 2005.

1. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

Did anyone watch this last night?

http://www.fox.com/tradingspouses/

I couldnt believe the excesses of the CA family....mortgage $7000 food $2000....

And the Fake treatment the MIL and sister gave to Mrs. Norton....
    I loved the appreciation though for the Chix n dumplins by the Verruto kids...like mom never cooked for them!

And then the CA mother (BARBIE) wanting some appreciation from those very polite kids.....for what? Sleeping in and being critical and a phony bologna....

What an eye opener....!

2. Tarot Farm

Tarot Farm Well-Known Member

Oh, that is what this is about. I had thought maybe someone was offering a trade or something. You never know anymore do you?

I do not watch those reality shows. In fact, I do not watch much tv at all anymore. What I do see on the tv anymore makes me nervous about what our kids are going to grow up like. We used to have tv shows about heros and the westerns and the good guys always win...or get the girl. Now, it is nothing at all like that.

People like that would not last two days out in the country if they had to really do the work needed to survive. Breaking a nail would just kill them.

3. Wags

Wags Well-Known Member Supporter

I watched only bits and pieces of it. Loved the house in TN! Wouldn't mind having a set up like that myself.

4. wy0mn

wy0mn Transplanted RedNeck

LOL.
    Thought it was the Barter Board too.
    Got most of the kinks outta mine, lots of mileage left yet. Upholstery not bad. Think I'll keep her a while longer.

5. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

Darn! I wanted to trade DH for a young studly guy just long enough to get the land cleared a bit more! LOL

6. crashy

crashy chickaholic goddess

We watched bits and pieces of it :no: The 'Barbie' gal was nice but VERY ditzy!!! And if we had a $7000.00 mortage It would NOT be a home like that...I am thinkin more like the one in Tn. with a ton of property!!! Oh ya and LOTS of fowl :haha:
    I never watched that show before both of those women are totally out of thier elements. I dont think 'Barbie" will get much out of the expierence but I bet that other woman cant wait to get home to a normal life!!!
    I bet that guy in Ca. falls over dead in few years from stress poor guy...he needs to go to TN and see what life should be like. I think he would like it. Could you imagine what 'Barbie' would say if he decided to move to the country? LOL I bet she wouldnt go with him.

7. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

OMG ..... not looking to trade :eek:

I like the house in Tn too and well my husband is exactly the same as that Mr. Noton except....he is thinner and younger, his ATV is green, the deer heads on our wall are bigger, he has a job (hunting just a hobby) and he looks like the CA guy although his wardrobe is that of Mr. Norton.

We laughed and laughed and about choked at the amount of money those people spend....my groceries and grain are budgeted at $250 a month for 3 children 2 adults, 9 goats and 41 chickens. Our mortgage with taxes and Ins is under $500.

Little House on the Prairie comment by Barbie made my 9 yo daughter say " Gosh mom she is a dumb blonde. That would be a mansion in Laura's day." :haha: :haha:

California....also known as the Material World... That little CA boy was sure starving for some love and direction from his parents, don't you think? I hope Dr. Phil pays them a visit soon!!!!! :haha: :haha:

8. sullen

sullen Question Answerer

I wanna know what kind of food does he spend $2,000 on? Gold plated? I wish they had shown that. My budget is $250 a week, gas, food, clothes, entertainment, school lunch, anything but bills.
    So many people are overextended like this, don't kid yourself. Your neighbor with that new car is just as overextended. Are we supposed to feel sorry for this guy? No way.
    That guy needs Financial Peace University.