Trading a NIgerian Buckling

Discussion in 'Goats' started by chma4, Apr 1, 2005.

1. chma4

chma4 Wolverton Family Farm Supporter

So it dawns on me "what a shame it is when my first blue-eyed tri colored buckling is born, and I have to sell him". He is of no use to us, as he can not be bred to does he is related to. Any animal without a use can not stay on a working farm, it is just a rule around here. He is a registered and fabulous blue eyed, tri-colored flashy and healthy buckling. So it dawns on me that if I have this problem, perhaps other Nigerian breeders have the same? I was kind of hoping that I would find someone in my boat who would trade buckling for buckling with me? Do goat breeders ever do this? It seems a logical way to diversify your gene pools.
    Any takers?

2. Teacupliz

Teacupliz Well-Known Member

3. dale anne

dale anne Well-Known Member

Where are you located? I have pygmys myself but can cross breed and wanted a blue eyed buck...hard to find around here without costing an arm and a leg.......I doubt ya would want to trade since I only have a pygmy buck at this time.....what I do is stud my buck out or trade services with other folks that need outbreeding...my bucks service for thems bucks service......I could never get rid of my buck...His daddy was one of my first goats and we lost him when he took a fall jumping and banged his head awful hard[brain damage] the daddy was a wonderful most beautiful pygmy i ever seen and now his son Lil C just reminds me of him so much I dont think I could ever sell him off...I am located in arkansas...Thanks Dale Anne

4. chma4

chma4 Wolverton Family Farm Supporter

I am in New Jersey. I have one pygmy doe that I am going to be selling, but I dont plan on breeding her again. She did have 2 beautiful bucklings, one is white with blue eyes, but he is a nigerian/pygmy cross. The other is black with blue eyes but he is sold already. I am selling the white one for 150. I dont know if that is in your range, plus there would be shipping. So i dont know. My registered Nigerian buckling is gorgeous but I just couldnt take less than 400 (or equal trade)for him. He is out of great blood and i paid 600 for his daddy.

5. dale anne

dale anne Well-Known Member

Howdy.....the price sounds about the same for here without the blue eyes...shipping would be to hard on my pocketbook lol...NJ is a long way.....but i thank you for responding all the same....I am looking for a Reg. Nubian and a Reg. Pygmy as of now to start my kinder heard with merrit papers.....I also have my pygmys that I will never sell off and was hoping to get some blue eyes in the heard but better luck next time...thank you very much...Dale Anne