Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was ridiculous from the get-go.

“We want to be clear: we disagree that any of these labels are racist," the popular grocery chain said in a statement posted on its website. It added, “We do not make decisions based on petitions.”

The petition posted on change.org by a high school student claims the names create “a narrative of exoticism that perpetuates harmful stereotypes.”

·
Premium Member
23,588 Posts
Gee, makes me want to shop at Trader Joe's. If only they weren't so far away.
Good for them sticking to their brands. Would Old El Paso have been the next petition target? Maybe the Gorton's fisherman?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Guess I should support trader Joe's more often. Good for them, about time some businesses started standing up against the snowflakes!
I wish there were one near me. I don't buy much but I would support them with whatever business I could.

According to a poll I saw this week, only about 14% agree with all this cancel culture bunk. I don't blame them much for what they do... I mostly blame the lily liver idjits that sit back and do or say nothing about it. If just half of the 86% would stand up and tell the 14% to sit down and shut the heck up... none of this would be an issue.

·
Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....?
77,608 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I wish there were one near me. I don't buy much but I would support them with whatever business I could.

According to a poll I saw this week, only about 14% agree with all this cancel culture bunk. I don't blame them much for what they do... I mostly blame the lily liver idjits that sit back and do or say nothing about it. If just half of the 86% would stand up and tell the 14% to sit down and shut the heck up... none of this would be an issue.
Well said!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Red Bull just did the same thing only different. They fired their diversity officers.

I am not an energy drinker, but tomorrow I may grab a couple nuat to say thank you.

I really don't understand these corporations that bow to sjw pressure.

Chick'filA went gangbusters after they stood up to the woke mob. The conservative and thinking liberals supported them hand over fist.

Then they went and turned all woke and lost a lot of customers.

The woke mob still hates them, as you can't do enough. Juat existimg is too much for them, so why even acknowledge them.

Or maybe don't say anything and just make a product people want.

That said, Imm'a get me some wings tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
13,295 Posts
Last week my maintenance guy asked me to drop by a small footprint stand alone office building he and his contractor crew won the bid on for lunch to help him revise dimensions on the server room because the customer gave them a change for more server capacity.

On my way over I stopped and got a sub sandwich and Fritoes to eat with him and his crew, most all of them who have filled in for him on some of my house maintenance if my maintenance guy couldn't leave a contract site if something went bust here and needed fast response.

When I visit the contractor crew for lunch and to look at the server pamplet and available space, Pepe , his yard foreman seeing I had bought corn chips broke out in the Frito Bandito song as he grabbed a few because his wife won't pack them for him because she doesn't like the smell of them on his breath, so he does the Frito Bandito shtick on the guys who bring them if he forgets to buy some after he leaves for work..

As he sang the commercial tune of our youth as he snagged a few chips, one of the crew said don't sing that too loud because the windows are open and some bored housewife may hear it and call 911 on her cellphone to get us busted by the city PC enforcer as all six of us laughed..

As Pepe grabbed some of my chips, he said his parents immigrated to the U.S. in 1958 and became citizens, he was born in 1962 and grew up with the Frito Bandito , misses the commercial's jingle and PC be danged..

·
Registered
27,503 Posts
Trader Joe wine is good, and very cheap

·
Premium Member
5,544 Posts
I miss the Frito Bandito, I don't remember the jingle, though. I can't handle Fritos these days, too much fat involved for my system, but I ate more than my share as a younger person.

Reactions: mreynolds

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
Guess I should support trader Joe's more often. Good for them, about time some businesses started standing up against the snowflakes!
Some would like you to believe that companies pull and/or alter labels, logos, names and slogans as a "business decision" lol.
They will tell you with a straight face that a private company has the right to do with their products as they choose.
Being strong armed by a violent and fascist subculture isn't making a good business decision, it is just bowing and submitting to threats and shaming.

·
Super Moderator
13,295 Posts
Mel Blanc, The Man of A Thousand Voices and one Maxwell automobile starting was the voice of the Bandito from the program on Blanc I saw.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts