Tractor problem

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by moopups, Aug 19, 2006.

1. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Its a Farm Pro 2425 4wd, at 50 hours of actual run time the throwout bearing is screaming. The dealer swears that they all make the noise; its only at the last inch or so of clutch engagement. This is a two stage clutch unit, serving the PTO first and the ground motion secondly. Anybody got any info?

2. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

............My ford 340A had a flexhose that was mounted on the exterior area connected too the TB on the INside that I'd call the "bell housing" on a regular vehicle and it had a grease cert that allowed me to use a grease gun to inject grease into the TB on the inside of the body of the tractor . Obviously , if this unit is still under warranty the Dealer isn't wanting to fix the problem . Were it me I'd have a "Come too Jesus" meeting with someone and get their collective Butts in gear . fordy... :rolleyes:

3. rambler

rambler Well-Known Member Supporter

Yea, when I went to a truckload sale 3 years ago the Homier fellow was telling me it was a Kubota-made tractor really, they make all them in China too now......

Too funny. He was lying, for those that don't know small import tractors. Really poor fit & finish, I coulda snapped the hyd controls off with just my thumb. Lots of hoses & odd bits that could leak or fail. At least back then 3 years ago, looked like it would fall apart driving it off the areana parkinglot compared to, for example, an actual Kubota which is made in Japan.

You got it cheap, & unfortunately you kinda got what you paid for. They probably all do whine, as the tolerances & machining on these things are for _cheap cost_, not good service.

I wish I had something better to say. I would agree something isn't right, & it should be fixed under warrenty. But when they mis-represent the tractor right from the sales pitch, I guess I wouldn't hold my breath.

--->Paul