Tractor post

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by frog1437, Dec 28, 2005.

1. frog1437

frog1437 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where I can find information on a Yanmar tractor ? I have looked online but not very much about the 336 model i am thinking of purchasing..I know this is a little off topic but any information would be apprechiated...

2. beeman97

beeman97 Well-Known Member

frog, here is a link to a yanmar forums group ,, this should find you what your looking for

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=yanmar&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=6&o=
    also here is another link to a yahoo group for yanmar's

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yanmartractorownersgroup/messages/1?viscount=100

personally the 336 is not goiing to be enough tractor,,,,,, if i had my choice i would go with one from the 40 to 65 horse range ,, after going through several tractors of the 21 to 40 horse range i settled with a massey 65 with a loader,,, does everything ill ever need it to do ...
    good luck
    Rick

3. frog1437

frog1437 Well-Known Member

Thanks Rick. I was wandering if 36 horses would be enough.. Guess i will do some research on em and try to make a choice thanks again take care.

4. Gary in ohio

Gary in ohio Well-Known Member Supporter

As mentioned tractorbynet has a great yanmar fourm. The 336 is a nice tractor I have its little brother the ym165 and a grey market 1802.

Yanmars are nice little tractors however once you get to the 40hp range there economics start falling apart. A used domestic JD, IH,MAssey in the 40 and up catagory cost about the same as the yanmars in the same HP range.

Also when you get into the 40hp range your usually taking a commerical venture where time is money. While I love my Yanmars, I wouldnt want to risk my business waiting for parts from japan. As a utility secondary tractor they would be fine, as a primary tractor I would be concerned.

5. durangoranch

durangoranch Active Member

I have a Yanmar 2210D 4WD 26hp Deisel w/Front end loader and it does great. I can pull stumps, dig ponds,and just about anything my ranch needs.
    www.tripleddd.com is where I got mine. He has a good selection of parts and tractors. I got mine w/ a 5ft bush hog and 5ft rotary tiller deliverd for $8650.00