Total CHAOS!!!!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by allenslabs, Sep 18, 2005.

1. allenslabs

allenslabs Saanen & Boer Breeder

I think just about everything that COULD go wrong tonight did. I walked out and saw the milkers out running around in a pen they shouldnt be in. So I looked and Yep ..... my horse had rubbed his big butt against the wire on their barn and knocked in so why not step over it? So he went in and scared all 4 goats OUT. Then he couldn't figure out how to get back out so just pooped and ate their hay. So I get him out TRY to fix the wire which didn't want to straighten and get the girls back in and decided to hang up the gates I had taken off which I had forgotten how HEAVY they were. So I couldn't hardly get them hung and my 2 little alpine does that keep getting out were RIGHT THERE in the way the WHOLE time. So went to get one out of the way AGAIN and the gate fell over onto my 5 YO DD and keep in mind these are VERY HEAVY steel gates made from large bus exhaust pipes welded together. A guy made them. So she was screaming and I checked for broken bones and she was ok. Needless to say I was ready to hang 2 goats. So I decide to just forget about hanging the gates and proceed to milk and milked out one and put her milk in my wagon and was milking another and those two goats had TIPPED OVER MY BOWL OF MILK!!! It dumped half of it as I had a lid on it fortunately but UGH! And the milk goat got in and was trying to eat my layers feed and bent their gate on the way out and I was just so frazzled I was wondering why I even put up with this! But then those annoying goats were so sweet to me and loving I got over it real quick but there for a short time I was ready to see how goat meat really tasted! LOL!!!

2. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

:clap: :eek: :confused: :viking: :stars: :D :bash: Goats. Enough said.

3. Fla Gal

Fla Gal Bunny Poo Monger Supporter

What Sancraft said and... I will add, it's Murphy's law recreated. :nana:

Ain't life grand and don't you just love it??? I do feel bad for you though. Been in a couple situations like that and it isn't fun when it's happening to you, much less me. :buds:

4. texican

texican Well-Known Member

just think of all the folks who live boring lifes in town, where "nuthin" never happens....... I always chuckle when my friends and relatives kids visit and say they're 'bored'...I take em on a little trip to this barn and that barn and this problem and that problem, and invite em to help out with a hundred projjies...

I quickly learned while growing up, that telling my parents I was bored was an invitation...to build fence, clean up barns, ...any of the in between major projects my father'd have going on..........

5. Jen H

Jen H Well-Known Member

Well, they just had to make sure you were awake and thinking about them! Mine will go for a few months with nothing too unusual happening, then all of a sudden they get into the strangest trouble imaginable. You look at them and think "how in the world did you manage that?" :confused: , and then go grab the ladder.

6. Starsmom

Starsmom Well-Known Member

I feel for you...been there done that. Between the corral, chicken pens and goat pens it happens. Why can't they all stay in there own place? My chickens and ducks have figured out how to get out of their pen, but won't do it while I'm watching, so I don't know where they are getting out. Can't find it. I had to finally quit turning the horses out into my upper pasture where the goats are for the very problem you had today. With all that acreage to eat up, why do they feel the need to go into such a small confined space? Animals...Gotta Love Em!?!?

7. allenslabs

Yep they're REAL lucky theu're cute!! HAHA!!

8. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

I hear ya! I was shovelling dirt into a wheelbarrow yesterday - put one shovelful in, remove 4 month old Sara. Put another shovelful in - remove Sara. Fill wheelbarrow, wheel towards the barn with Sara who has her front feet in the wheelbarrow. Start removing dirt out of wheelbarrow, working around Sara who is now back in the wheelbarrow. Put wheelbarrow back outside. A while later, I see that the two youngsters have tipped the wheelbarrow on its side - Sara is curled up in it, sleeping. Last night, I was picking up woodscraps and throwing them into the wheelbarrow - I not only had Sara in it, but also my new NubianX (about 5 months old) who decided this looked like fun!

Like you said - it's a good thing they're cute. But, hey, who needs to watch television? Critters are better than any sitcom, any day!

9. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

None of my goats have given me that much trouble, yet, but my yellow lab Duke has now been dubbed "Duke the Hazard", he literlly waits till my dad gets home and when he sees him starts digging the lawn up, my dad hates thatof course I would to. He got out of his kennel so many times, no matter how my dad rigged it. As a lot of people have said, the cute factor gets ya, he's so dang cute that I still baby him when he is not being bad, that's when he is in his keenel, on a hike, or too tired to cause havok.

Of course though, "Gotta Love E'm". :D

10. allenslabs

Oh me too! That gate probably weighed about 100lbs or more and it was just about 12' long. Terrible heavy.
    It's calmed down SOME since but my mom called last night to tell me that they are leaving TODAY till sunday and they need me to come get their 2 milkers and bring em home and milk them. Dad said Oh they have to stay on our schedule which they work 2nd shift and milk noon and midnight. Now I don't stay up till midnight! He said too bad! I said I'll just have to milk whenever I want then huh? HAHA!! He'll never know. So now I'll be milking 3 times a day. 10am their 2, 6pm my 4 and 10pm theirs again. I'm so not wanting to do that but oh well....... paybacks will come whenever I wanna go somewhere and I take my 4 over for them to milk! HAHA!!

11. janceejan

janceejan Active Member

A typical Monday....DH is supposed to leave on Sun. nights to work out of town... throws everyone's schedule off by leaving Mon. am.... 5am alarm goes off...3 week old triplet "Wrong Way" starts hollering...."Troubles" and "Topper" are mad at Wrong Way, and they are screaming... Phone rings at 7am, "need you to sub at school today"....hubby was to have left already, strip off to get in shower, hear him hollering....."Trouble is got her head stuck in fence" and he cant get her out...throw on robe...get goat out of fence....head in for shower...kids leave for school....i am working on record for quickest shower in history....head out the door for school....Wrong way is out again...and following me to school....turn around....put him up...forgot to chain dogs up...head back....lab has Wrong way pinned and he is screaming....beat the dog (or the goat, forgot by now) hear school :grit: bell ringing...dash up the road...make it through the day....pull in the yard....wrong way on the porch...lab has chain stretched and wrapped around all my plants....head for the pen....stringing smaller fencing to keep Wrong way in..... :mad: getting madder all the time....these ae DH's goats...grrrrrr.....i am 50 years old, fat as all get out..out here working with no tools...cant even reach the tying wires on the bottom of the fence...chunked the hammer cuz the women got on top of the shed and tore it up....using finish nails to fix fencing, cuz cant find the fencing staples.........hate goats,hate goats, hate goats, trouble comes up and nuzzles me, wrong way sits in my lap....they are kinda cute you know....may keep them a little while longer........ahhhh it is Monday. :eek: