Tornado Warnings!

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by ginnie5, Jan 5, 2007.

1. ginnie5

ginnie5 wife,mom,taxi driver,cook Supporter

We were putting up groceries and cleaning up when we heard the sirens. had the windows open cause its hot here! Got the kids in the hallway while i grabbed the radio and my cell. They said one touched down in a neighboring county and did some damage to one house. We didn't even have much wind here. Hope everyone else faired ok!

2. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

I'm glad to hear that you are safe.... stay aware for sure.

I was just saying today that our beautiful almost 70* weather here is the breading of a tornado eveining.... when the weather changes it'll probably be a doozey.

Angie

3. Kstornado11

Kstornado11 Well-Known Member Supporter

I saw yesterday on the weather that there may be tornadoes today south & east of here... hard to believe,so early in the year! But w/ all the crazy weather, anything is possible!

4. WendyW.

WendyW. Well-Known Member

There were tornadoes in South Louisiana yesterday. Last I heard there were 2 people dead.
    We had alot of rain but that's it. The tornadoes started once the system got closer towards Lafayette. (I'm on the Lake Charles side)

5. oz in SC

oz in SC Well-Known Member

mrs oz here :)

Ginnie,
    What part of SC are you in? We're down in Beaufort and it's raining pretty heavily, but nothing too severe as of yet.

***Just checked the weather channel online.......we're actually under a tornado watch until midnight. It says the worst of the rain should have blown through here by about 9:15 though.

6. ginnie5

ginnie5 wife,mom,taxi driver,cook Supporter

I'm up near Charlotte...there was rain here but at my house it wasn't anything more than normal. I heard the sirens going off and wondered why? We're kinda protected where we are though I think. Seems that storms can hit ahrd and heavy all around us and we don't even know it.

7. MarleneS

MarleneS Well-Known Member

About noon yesterday, a cousin living in central Kansas called and asked how family was in South Louisiana, I replied, fine as far as I know, why? Duh, I guess sometimes televisions come in handy after all. I made a few phone calls and discovered everyone is okay. One nephew's neighbor's house was destroyed and he was a little shaken up but okay.

Marlene