Tornado in Minnesota

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by bridget, Aug 24, 2006.

1. bridget

bridget Well-Known Member

Local newsstation says tornado(s) are down around Nicollet in southern MN. Is everyone ok? Reports are here in the TC suburbs we should expect bad weather in an hour or so. Hail has already been seen baseball size in the south.

Significant damage to farms and crops from Courtland to St. Peter so far. They're not sure if the tornadoes have broken up.

2. myheaven

myheaven Well-Known Member Supporter

we just had a tronado or two here in warrens wi. I watched it form right over my house and drop littlery across the street here. The crops and gardens are a total loss. WE are expected to get hit again tonight. They said we should see it in about 45 min or so. This is some crazy weather. Ill be sleeping in the basement with the kids. I will be praying for everyone.

3. bugstabber

bugstabber Chief cook & weed puller Supporter

it's just starting to rain here. There's been tornados spotted in the state, but not real close to us. I heard they may have touched down in southern Huron, but I haven't heard anything more about it. We're in a tornado watch rightnow.

4. suburbanite

suburbanite Well-Known Member

N. Calif./was USDA 9b before global warming
  5. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

All of you stay safe and aware....
    Let us know when it passes and you are safe.

Good luck and I hope you don't hear any freight train sounds.

Angie

6. tooltime

tooltime Border Ruffian

We're getting some pretty strong T-storms right now, but looks like the worst stuff is on an East-West line from NW of Winona all the way out to Owatonna, paralleling Interstate 90.

7. myheaven

myheaven Well-Known Member Supporter

we didnt get nailed again. Praise god. My poor neighbors fences we all torn up. Alot of trees got twisted off and busted on to his fencline. the cows were escaping we offered to help get them in and help fix the fence temp but he didnt want us out in the storm. If anyone has had a worse year its this man and his wife. His health is failing rapidly his equipment will not work right. Now his garden, crops and fences have been destroyed. I know he has no money to replace everything right now. Im going to go see if He will let me help him with anything today.
    Please pray for him. I know his spirits are low and all this ontop of what hes going threw already. He needs our prayers. Thank you everyone