Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tornadoes are rare here, but they do happen! Lots of pics being posted to facebook right now and www.tdn.com has pics and reports. It was not a big one, just some building damage and no injuries, but I guess for us, it's as big of a deal as an earthquake back East is to those of you there. We get earthquakes, wind storms, pouring rain, the occasional snow or ice storm, heck, there's a volcano in my back yard, lol! But tornadoes? Not so much.

More here: http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...ugh-Longview-damages-buildings-280233682.html

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Glad you're ok! Those unexpected natural phenomenons are hard to plan for - I know people around here talked for days about the unusual earthquake we had last year.

·
Premium Member
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, I'm nearly 30 miles by road from the touch down today - now yesterday, same time of day, I was right there! My ddil posted that all 4 of my elementary school grands were locked down in their school. Probably the only time in their lives that will happen! DDIL's best friend did drive through it, though. She's fine - it was a VERY small tornado.

·
Premium Member
5,081 Posts
We have so many around here we hardly even blink unless it's an F5, lol, but I know what it's like when it's something unusual. That first noticeable earthquake we had here a few years ago really got my attention! :) Although I did recognize it for what it was right off, remembering from my time in California. My son didn't believe me until he heard it on the news!

Glad you're all okay and that it wasn't a bad one! This gives the grandkids some of the excitement without the scary parts, so they'll have something to talk about for a while. :)

·
Premium Member
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, they are scarce as hen's teeth in this part of the country. Big, big news to have a baby tornado on the ground for about a mile here. Give us a 5.0 earthquake and no one says boo!

My ddil's bff drove right through it...wondered why the leaves were swirling and then noticed roofs being blown off! She's a little bitty thing, about 4' 10" on a good day, and drives a little bitty car, so we've teased her about a little bitty tornado, just her size, lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts