Tore My Pickup Up But I Got Out

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by big rockpile, Dec 1, 2006.

1. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

Got an old Pickup I've had for a few years.Put some weight in the back of it,we put Chains on.Took off down the Drive.I thought I had it in 4WD,but it was real squirrely.Wife said I don't think its in.Well I messed with it got it in.

Got down to the bottom of the hill made the turn,was giving it all get out going up the hill,only got half way.Wife checked we had lost a Chain.Back down the hill,wife went to put the Chain on,well I didn't know she didn't know how to get them tight.Got that fixed.

Started back up the hill.No longer had 4WD,but was still crawling up the hill.Made it to the top.Was going good.Came to the next turn,started up the hill,started hitting drifts.Busted through them.Made it all the way to the Mailbox. :dance:

Then turned around made it back to the house.Took some doing but we made it.Got our road broke open.Really need to get another Beater Pickup.Don't know what is wrong with this one. :shrug:

big rockpile

2. michiganfarmer

michiganfarmer Max Supporter

3. big rockpile

Nope FORD Tuff!!

big rockpile

4. michiganfarmer

michiganfarmer Max Supporter

how much snow did ya get? Is it still snowing? DO you have a plow, or a blower? How do you normally keep your drive open?

5. big rockpile

They say we got 18 inches.But we don't have no plow or Blower.Its a mile to the Highway.

We just drive it to break it open,then hope the sun hits it.One stretch don't get any sun though,so it gets pretty slick.

Hey they had the Highway open. :dance:

big rockpile

6. insanity

insanity Well-Known Member

Sounds like fun!
    We had at least three snow flakes land here this morning. I started to call into work, cause i didn't think my Dodge would make it. But all three flakes melted before i got the engine warmed up. :D

7. dmarie

dmarie Well-Known Member

Rock--so glad you and the Mrs. made it alright! Many in this neck of the woods (northern Ontario) did not get off so lucky today due to the storm dumping up to a foot of snow or more in places. Along with a gusty wind all day there were the usual whiteouts to add to the "fun"! :-( Winter has definately made itself known today!
    Take care! dmarie

8. Horselover

Horselover Joyce

Rockpile,
    I don't think there is much wrong with that pickup! Sounds like it had a tough trip to and from the mailbox. I knew it was a Ford from the git go!!
    Oh, and by the way--just keep the snow. Don't send any up here to Maryland. I like this warm weather we are having. Joyce

9. Beltane

Beltane Enjoying Four Seasons

Hey Rock ~ we're a FORD family here...give the ol' girl another shot! :)

10. big rockpile

You know I know alot of people put down Fords.But it seems no matter what they keep chugging along.I bought a Ford car out in Colorado.Drove it everywhere,run it without Oil,the Body kept disappering a little at at time.But it kept on running no matter what.

big rockpile

11. insanity

insanity Well-Known Member

Yep ive had to walk or call a tow truck for every other brand ive owned at one time or another. But a Ford has never left me stranded.They always made it home no matter how broke. Once had a tanny lock up in 79 but it did it just as i rolled to a stop in the drive way.
    Seared off the locking diff in the rear end of my Bronce while doing so serious off road trail rideing. But it still drove under its own power the whole 50+ miles home,while streaming gear oil out the broken bearings and seals on the left side.

Ive owned at last count 28 vehicles. And while only 6 of them where Fords they deffently stand out as the less troublesum.

My favorite has to be the 79 short wheel base 1/2 ton.