Top 10 Things Indicating Your a MO Rifle Hunter

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by big rockpile, Nov 10, 2006.

1. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

10. You would skip a free vacation with the family to disney world in order to save your limited vacation days for rifle season.

9. The four wheeler you are pulling with your truck is worth more than your truck.

8. You will spend more money on food, beer and ice for two days of hunting than you would for two weeks at home.

7. At deer camp you are known by a nick name that you are never called any other time of the year. (usually named after a famed hunt or famed miss)

6. As you drive 5 hours to Nothern MO, you pass several hunters driving 5 hours to Southern, MO.

5. Your goal each season is not to shoot the biggest buck but to be the first one to shoot at something on opening morning.

4. No matter where you go or where you are at, you never take off your orange cap or orange vest or both.

3. The entire weekend you smell like coffee, beer, and camp fire. Then you make up excuses why you don't see any deer (weather is too hot, no deer this year, ect)

2. On Saturday morning you head out to the woods thinking, "I'm gonna hold off for the big one." By Sunday you strategy changes a bit....."I'm gonna kill somethin'!"

and the number one indicator you are a Missouri Rifle Hunter.......

1. Just like me.....you absolutely hate to see it end!

big rockpile

2. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy

ROFLMAO THat is too funnny.. Although it would apply to pretty much any hunter...

On our way back home last time (we drive 18 hours) you could see who was coming for the 3rd season and who was going home from the 2cd season, by the amount of mud on the vehicles.. Our truck and quads are covered in mud, those going are all clean as can be LOL

3. Gee, you hit the nail on the head with some of those! I like #6, I use to drive 45 minutes south of me to deer hunt and I would always see a lot hunters heading north. I've often thought, we should stop somewhere on the roadside, visit, and exchange hunting locations so we all could stay a little closer to home.

4. bgak47

bgak47 Well-Known Member

I drive 3hrs SE to hunt & I don't have a 4-wheeler. I also drive 3hrs to just Enjoy my country place at all times of the year.A nice fire in the wood stove,A quiet night with the misquitos on the porch. Same.

5. chrisl

chrisl Well-Known Member

That's Funny.....And as a Northern Missouri Resident.......We see guy's like this every year.....The city slikers are the funniest though.....We had some city guys several years ago drive up here in a cadilac....shot a real nice buck.....they called a tow truck out of St. Joe to come drag thier deer out of the ditch and haul it back to Kansas City.....I bet that meat cost at least $40/lb.