Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Born in the wrong Century
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Best of it met a couple old boys, may call again on the one the other in between here and Florida , I know we will be talking again. his biz is tools,
I'm thinking my own Antique Archeology, sweet!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Can't beat the $2 chainsaw I got.. an old Mac 200 in almost mint shape with orig bar and cover :) Can never have enough wrenches though either.... nice find.

·
Registered
904 Posts
We just got a new Harbor Freight store in town. As I walked through I saw so much stuff I already own one or three of.
I am a licensed builder, shade tree mechanic, I have been an electrician and worked with a plumber. I am a locksmith and a small engine shop owner. I too like tools so they are all here.

·
Born in the wrong Century
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like to have two or three of everything, Keeps set up to a minimum.
My router tables 4'x8' with a spot thats cut out for one of the smaller aluminum tables
I have another that I need to set up opposite, be in valuable for a few different things.
Both will have a craftsman 1 1/2 hp router. I have a third thats 1 hp for nontable operations.

The best score in the pics is that appliance dolly, 10 bucks.
The next best is the chisels,been needing those for a while, while nothing special they where only 12 bucks.

You cant really see the box but the little tool box is perfect for the truck and I'll be putting a tool set together for that. it was loaded with a bunch of miscellaneous, the swivel head sockets where worth the price of 12 bucks.

The sander will be handy as well its a reliant "house" brand of Woodworkers Warehouse now out of buisness but its a early model with the cast iron table.
Also have plenty of belts and disks as well as spindle sander paper.Pretty sure I can rig up a spindle sander with stuff I have here.
Gonna make a few knifes in the next month or so now I can polish them up pretty.
Don't worry Ernie, they will be Christmas presents... lol

The wrenches should round out my collection pretty well.

I also will take all the lay out tools I can get, picked up a heavy adjustable T square last week, along with a set of corner clamps. can't really see it but theres a "combination" square I'm not familiar with, it has two nuts and the cross piece then rotates like a protractor.

Clamps are something else you cant have to many of either. this load I got that pair of pipe clamps that's clamped on the cart.

the handles are two shovel handles and two sledge, so those will be back in service soon. Old guy gave me a tip once the handles on cut to 27-28" and you'll never break a handle again.

then there is about 10 cutoff/grinding wheels in there as well.

We may head back over to visit with our new friend, in the next week and see if we can't work a barter on a few things if he still has them.

The other guy had a few things as well and if he still has them after the sale we may work out something as well.

I need to go out and get everything organized , and some of these triples and such will get binned for a sale.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts