Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came out of the chicken shed and thought I was going to fall over. It was like my equalibrium was just off. I didn't fall, and was able to walk into the house, but my legs felt weak....almost detatched. I sat down and tried to call somebody...anybody to come over. DH was putting up hay in a no-cell valley, and I couldn't get anyone else. Finally called 911. It wasn't going away, I was here alone w/ the kids, and I was afraid to get up. :Bawling:
They did ekg, bp, bloood sugar, lung xray etc. I was all normal except for a slightly elevated white cell count. Asked if I might have a UTI or cold...
They gave me fluids. I got to feeling a little better and they sent me home.
Sound like dehydration? That was their best guess. Last night my sinuses started feeling full and drainy, though.
Don't forget to drink water!! I am in big trouble because i'm obsessed w/ my family not getting dry...but I end up in the ER :shrug:

Christina

·
Registered
922 Posts
(((((Christina))))) how scary!! Glad you're *normal* whatever THAT means :p and hope you feel better soon... garlic and vit c :)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Sounds like heat exhaustion or heat stroke to me. Be watchful at this time of the year folks!!
DRINK plenty of water. To cool your body down quickly put ice under your arm pits and the groin area. And please watch for your elderly neighbors!

More info on heat problems:http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/first-aid-heat-exhaustion/FA00020

·
Homestead Dreamer
878 Posts
I agree with Teresa!

((Christina)) take care of yourself and drink LOTS of water

Brandon

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
That's scary. Thank God it was any worse. Take care of yourself in the heat. It's no joke.

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
I took ambulance ride in oct of 05 and another in march of 06, the rides were scarier than the heart problems that put me there.
Ed

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the hugs :)
They didn't give me any antibiotics...so I'm thinking that they were'nt very elevated. They did EKG and lung xray....everything was fine. I'm going to my doctor tomorrow to get further blood work and see about an antibiotic or sinus medicine.
I agree, though, the ride was the worse part! The st. HWY was closed and we had to take the twisty back roads..they kept asking me if I was nauseated...I was...but I don't think it was the illness, I think it was the ride! My stomach is upset today, though. Still feel a little...off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts