Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost 10 babies today from the heat. Had them up and in the shade with frozen bottles, not enough. Enden up bringing 40 babies and 2 does into the laundry room for a few hours. They are doing great now, took them back outside at dark. Hubby put air conditioner into rabbit house, the ones in there are fine. Poor bunnies outside are having a hard time this year. Didn't lose one last year. I was sooooo sad! Guess I will have lots of company doing laundry for the next couple of weeks!!

·
Premium Member
11,103 Posts
Sorry to hear you lost the babies. The heat seems worse than usual lately. Glad you found a cool place for the other babies. Laundry day will be a whole lot more interesting!

·
Hunting is my life
1,682 Posts
I'm sorry to hear you have lost some bunnies due to the heat. Seems like lots of folks have lost bunnies this year to the heat. I lost a doe that was pregnant a few weeks back due to the extreme heat we have been having. I started spraying down the rabbit hutches with cold water alone with keep frozen water bottles near by. I also have rabbits in the big barn an it seems to stay a lot cooler in there but always have a few snakes in there to.

Good Luck with your bunnies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts