Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, whatcha think? Do you think there's a market?

·
construction and Garden b
7,378 Posts
well my tom boys wont wear that!! saw a 4 foot black snake that would do well as a necklace!! he might try too eat the earrings though!

·
Very Dairy
14,609 Posts
That brings back memories ... when I was a kid, my best friend Ellen had chameleons, and we'd make collars and leashes for them out of thread, and pin them (the leashes ... not the chameleons! at least not directly!) to our shirts and ride around the neighborhood on our bicycles that way.

We thought we were so kewl! :p

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
willow_girl said:
That brings back memories ... when I was a kid, my best friend Ellen had chameleons, and we'd make collars and leashes for them out of thread, and pin them (the leashes ... not the chameleons! at least not directly!) to our shirts and ride around the neighborhood on our bicycles that way.

We thought we were so kewl! :p
When I was a kid, chameleons were sold at the State Fair of Texas as pets. Had a little string tied around their neck attached to a safety pin. It was cool to walk around the fair with a lizard crawling all over your shoulders and in your hair. Yea, they bite.

Every once in a while it hurts a little. Several years ago, my nephew caught one down at our lake cabin. Brought it to his dad (my little brother) complaining that it bit him and it hurt. My brother poo-pooed him - "that little lizard hurt you?" Took the lizard from him then "DANG", that little %$*&*! bit me!

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
This has got to be a Texas photo, no way can anoles live up there! Can they?

We used to hang them on our ears when we were kids. They pinch a little, they have kind of tiny little ridged teeth or something, but it's not painful.

Their tails come off like skinks and geckoes do, too.

·
Registered
226 Posts
My Granny use to do that!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts