Tomatoes coming out of my...

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by mommymushbrain, Apr 29, 2005.

1. mommymushbrain

mommymushbrain Well-Known Member

corn rows!

I went out for my first major weeding this last week. I have found so many tomato plants in my corn rows it is not funny any more. Hubby is going to have to plow up another two rows just so I can fit these in somewhere... I can't kill a plant, ya know... :haha:

I am guessing that last year when we accidentally killed off half our tomatoes, these seeds came from the ones that dropped and rotted on the ground... I am wondering what is in our overgrown part now, as we've always just tossed the icky veggies over there.

I also have a zucchini plant and an onion coming up in my corn rows as well.

Anyone else have strays? :D

2. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

Cool! I love strays of the veggie variety. They tend to be better adapted to the growing conditions. Wonder if the 3 sisters could turn into 4 sisters? Beans, corn, squash and tomatoes? Maybe you could leave a couple 3 mater plants 'mongst the corn? Let us know how they do together? HMMM?

3. southerngurl

southerngurl le person Supporter

I don't think the tomatoes would like the shade of the corn.

4. mommymushbrain

mommymushbrain Well-Known Member

I don't know... what about the ones near the ends of the corn rows? They'd get the most sunlight... I may leave those and see how they do. The zucchini is definitely going to have to be moved, along with 90% of the tomatoes. :D