Tomatoes are really taking off!

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Spinner, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Spinner

Spinner Well-Known Member

My tomatoe plants did nothing this year. I was about ready to pull them, then suddenly overnight they were full of flowers, now the little green tomatoes are set. Last year I had fresh tomatoes up until December so there's a good chance these will produce for a couple months. :dance:

2. amwitched

amwitched Well-Known Member

I'm so glad to hear that yours are starting to produce for you. Mine did not do much at all this year, either. They currently have lots of flowers on them but I only see 2 or 3 small tomatoes starting to grow. Hopefully I will have the same success that you are having.

3. Spinner

Spinner Well-Known Member

AKKKKKKKKKkk!!!! The goats got into the garden and wolfed down most of the plants while I was gone today. Dang goats!

4. kasilofhome

kasilofhome Well-Known Member

We planted our tomatoes from seed in Jan 2005. All the time we babied them nothing came from it and the snow was soon to fall. they became full of flowers and being stubborn we brought those tomatoes inside for the the winter as we wanted at least one tomatoe for all the effort. All winter we eat from them, come late spring they took a rest and we brought them out doors. No tomatoes during the summer and we brought in the same plants planted in 05 and are enjoying tomatoes.

I would bring them in.