Tomato Plants

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by goodoldreb, Apr 19, 2006.

1. goodoldreb

goodoldreb Well-Known Member

Hi folks, Sorry if this has already been asked. Does anyone know of a source that has the less popular plants that will ship by postal service? I do not want seeds as it is already time to plant. Or, if anyone might have some they would help with? I'm looking for some Cherokee Purple or Black from Tula. Thanks in advance for the help. G.O.R.

2. Trisha-MN

Trisha-MN www.BilriteFarms.com

SSE has a listing for Cherokee Purple transplants. I think you can order directly from their website.

3. slowsuki1

slowsuki1 Well-Known Member

try ebay the plants looked kind of expensive to me thow.they had a wide variaty.

4. Earthbound

Earthbound Well-Known Member

Baker creek seeds has both.
    corry

5. ceresone

ceresone Well-Known Member Supporter

check out harris seeds--i got beautiful heirloom plants from them, other years

6. rocket

rocket Well-Known Member

I don't know about mail order, but have you checked your local nurseries and garden centers? I've noticed that this year a lot of those places (which normally only carry hybrids) are starting to carry a pretty decent selection of heirlooms. This year I bought Cherokee Purple, Black Krim, Black Prince, Mr. Stripey, and Green Zebra in local stores. There were a lot of other varieties too and it was really nice to browse through actual plants instead of catalogue pictures.

7. PLPP

PLPP Boer Lover

Are you still looking for these plants? Not sure how I would go about shipping them but if anyone can tell me I am sure I can get you some. Let me know and I will check on Thursday