tomato disease ID? (pictures)

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by PineRidge, Jun 28, 2006.

1. PineRidge

PineRidge Well-Known Member

Ok, I've got something wrong with my tomato plant. I just saw this morning that the leaves had gray irregular spots on them. Only a few leaves are affected. I just went out to trim them off and the leaves are now wilted. We have had several days of very rainy and cooler weather, if that helps. None of my other plants have this, just the one on my porch that I want to save seeds from. It is planted in potting soil, and not "dirt" so i don't think it got anything from the soil, but who knows?

Any treatment help would be wonderful too!

One leaf with spots (other leaves in background)
    [​IMG]

Plant showing two leaves "wilted"
    [​IMG]

2. Paquebot

Paquebot Well-Known Member

First picture looks like the results of sunscald after the rain. Second picture looks like natural reaction of certain varieties to too much rain. At the moment, from what is seen, I wouldn't worry too much.

Martin

3. PineRidge

PineRidge Well-Known Member

Thanks Martin. I was just hoping whatever it was wouldn't spread. I'll keep an eye on it the next few days.

4. tyusclan

tyusclan Well-Known Member

It looks like late blight to me. You need to spray with a fungicidal spray. Gardens Alive! has some good organic sprays, but it'll take you a while to get them ordered. You might check at your local feed store or garden supply to see if they have anything organic. It will spread if you don't get it under control.

5. woodspirit

woodspirit Well-Known Member

First pic looks like powdery mildew. Second could be many things.