Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gave great tomato plants, but no tomatoes, there are lots of flowers though. What should I do to the soil etc? Also, one or two leaves on my rhubarb plant is turning yellow with red areas, what should I do about the rhubarb? What's wrong? Thanks, hope you can help. Chris

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
For your Rhubarb take all your veggi scraps from the kitchen and put them in a blender(NO meat).add 2 Tablespoons of Epson slats and blend together and pour around your plant.Works wonders.You can do this once a month.

·
keep it simple and honest
3,810 Posts
Rhubarb normally goes somewhat dormant during the heat of summer, with leaves turning purple and yellow and red, then new leaves will start to emerge into the fall. Fertilize, then water when it is dry.
Tomatoes take a long time to go from flower to fruit, IMHO. The timing depends partly on the variety and how many days it takes to harvest, but you may also have over fertilized and will get lush plants with little fruit. Too much nitrogen can do that.
Ann

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.