Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I don't know about that particular chemical, but I do know that many farm chemicals can only be distributed by licensed dealers and can only be purchased by farmers with a permit to use them.

These chemicals are sooooo deadly! I read a label on a 2 gallon jug of a herbicide we were about to spray on my FIL's farm.

The label had skulls and crossbones all over it and said that it was a concentrate that required mixing 2 gallons per 2000 gallons of water. Whoever dispensed it into the spray tank was instructed to wear goggles, rubber gloves, a mask and a rubber apron.

Of course, my FIL just popped off the lid, peeled back the seal and dumped it into the tank...no precautions at all...He died at age 60...cancer.

Anyway, the label actually said this:

"CAUTION! If you swallow or splash into your eyes as much as 1 teaspoon of this concentrate, YOU WILL DIE. There is no Remedy!"

Whoever illegally distributed this stuff will be found and will likely lose their business and all of their life's work.

I'm sure they were just "Good-ol-boys" trying to be neighborly, but man, the stupidity of distributing this concentrate for placement in a home is beyond belief.

Sad Story...for all involved...

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boleyz said:
Whoever illegally distributed this stuff will be found and will likely lose their business and all of their life's work.

I'm sure they were just "Good-ol-boys" trying to be neighborly, but man, the stupidity of distributing this concentrate for placement in a home is beyond belief.
Whoever let them have that pesticide was beyond stupid.

·
Registered
10,826 Posts
Just about all pesticides are deadly, they don't have to be industrial strength. That is just a matter of dillution. I used to work as an exterminator. There were guys in the office who developed epilesy and didn't know why.

·
Premium Member
23,929 Posts
Not just about, they are all deadly, just depends on the concentration. And the untested combinations are in most cases worse than the single active ingredient. I hope the family tells the authorities who gave them the chemical, more than likely though it was pilfered by someone who lived in the house and will never admit they were the ones that got it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts