Today my mom would of been 77!

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Becca65, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Becca65

Becca65 Well-Known Member

Well, today (Dec 23rd) would of been my Moms 77th birthday! she passed away 11 yrs ago. I'm trying to keep myself busy today, my friends coming over for dinner tonight.
    Just hard to believe it's been 11 yrs! just wish we could of had more years with her. :(
    When this time of the year comes I always remember the things she did at Christmas like all of us baking cookies, making a big dinner for the family, I really miss those days, I sure hope my girls will remember the traditions that we do at Christmas.
    I know alot of you are missing someone this time of the year, it does get easier. but theres always a sad feeling that i feel around Christmas. So in honor of my mom i will light a candle and say a prayer for everyone that might be having this same feeling.

2. Wildwood Flower

Wildwood Flower Halfway, OR & Wagoner, OK

I live in Oregon part time, and Oklahoma part time
    Me too Petunia, I miss my Mother today. This morning I was cleaning and picked up her picture that I have right on my desk. I cried. Then I got busy again, just like my Mother. In a little while, a granddaughter who hasn't come by in over a year called. She'll be here, so it's worth it all. Keep the home fires burning.

I just lit a candle too. For all those who have gone on before, may we keep the faith and our family traditions.

3. grannygardner

grannygardner Well-Known Member

My mom passed away 27 years ago and I still think of her and miss her every day. If I'm sewing I remember that she taught me to sew. If I'm cooking I think about her favorite recipes. She turned 77 on June the 9th,1977 and passed away on September 5th. I'm off to light a candle also.

4. fitwind

fitwind Well-Known Member

I miss my mom too!!! She passed away last year 09/16/05. I was never really that close to my mom. My mom was the strongest,kindest,hardworking, and loving person I knew. I will always LOVE MY MOM. I have a candle lit everyyear for her in loving memory.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

My Mom passed away 9/10/2006 and this is our first Christmas without her. It's really hard and I'm looking forward to the day being over and done. :(

6. Bluecreekrog

Bluecreekrog Well-Known Member

It is so hard to celebrate the holidays when a loved one dies near it. We have a hard time at our house because sis lost her husband the day before Thanksgiving and our mother passed a week before Xmas. It is very hard to be happy when you remember all the holidays they were a part of. I tell sis we have to put on happy faces and make the holidays special for the babies, so they will remember us with love in their hearts when we are gone. :Bawling:

7. KindredSpirit

KindredSpirit Well-Known Member

My brother passed away right before Thanksgiving 7 years ago. Every year I make pumpkin bread in honor of him. It has become a tradition. He always loved my pumpkin bread and I had made him some shortly before his passing. Petunia, I think it is always harder this time of year when everyone would normally be getting together. I am sorry for the loss of your mother.