Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I love watching the first time pigs get to experience grass and dirt! ....but feel sorry too that they haven't before.

Runty Boy and his new friends....

....in a pen that will get moved all the time.

I tell her she is a special registered relaxed eared spotted Berk from royalty heritage....to make her not feel like such an outsider...(insert smiley face...I'm out of pic, emoticon usage).

Daisy...I guess this one wasn't from today, but a couple days ago.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great pics as usual 3Acres
Thank you! I appreciate it! I hope your boar is not limping any more and is ok and getting the job done! I have a new boar coming my way from Ohio here soon....if you happen to see him at a gas station coming this way, tell him to be a good boy...:happy2:.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I like that spotted berk. My last berk/duroc litter had one in there that was red and black spots. They sell quick to.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Moved little ones to pasture today. They will be 7 weeks next Monday.

Follow me kids...

I split Runty Boy off the other day.

We took breaks to eat along the way...

Waiting for me to go get more panels, feed, water, shelters and all that. I set up 2 pens....one for the 5 girls and 1 for the 2 boars.

Always nice to have help from the ram....:happy2:

I ran out of space on the camera sd card while setting everything up and really getting to wrestling them in the grass....:mad:...and didn't want to delete anything....cry cry sniffle sniffle...:happy2:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like that spotted berk. My last berk/duroc litter had one in there that was red and black spots. They sell quick to.
Thanks! I'm excited to see what her litter becomes! I bet that red and black spotted one of yours was neat! My oldest boy (7) has been wanting us to have more spotted pigs....so we may add more as we can...I like them.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like Daisy's smile. It made ME smile!
Ah, Daisy is my best little friend!...:happy2:. She makes me smile also!

Her and her sisters are a blast...:happy2: 2 or 3 jump on top of me now and hold me down....one then steals my hat, one unties my shoes, one pitches every spot of exposed skin, one makes her way up on top of my head...then scraps the heck out of my ears and neck, Mattie jumps off my back and gives out the best kisses....lol...it's a lot of fun! I imagine when I leave their pen I look like I just got jumped by a bunch of thugs in a dark city alley and have a facial expression of "WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED"....:happy2:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The more pictures you post the more i want to get a camera like yours.Looks great as always . :grin::D
Thanks! I appreciate it! You should!...I find it a fun pastime to play around with. Great to look back at everything! I bet you have those pigs of yours tamed down now.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh and I picked out this new spot gilt because she reminded me of the reg spot I already have and come to find out they are related....got to looking at the papers on the way home.....2 different places.....not sure if the other outfit know each other??? I thought it was neat.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have them some what tamed they will run up to me to see if I have treats but they still don't want like to be touched.
Heck, I thought you'd be laying in their sleep piles at night by now...:D...just jokin....boy they do put off a lot of heat!...quite cozy on a cool night...:D..especially if you're between a few and not on the end...:D

I have one little tike I just bought that is proving to be my biggest challenge taming so far....I named him Goosey...I will when him over, I will, I will...:D I'm about to cut him, so he is going to be real fond of me then...:D

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just love your pics; I need to get a pic of my goat standing on top of my gilt!
Thanks! Yes, you do!...that would be great to see! My baby goats can go through a fence and mingle with the biggest pigs I have, but they are too leery of them to jump on them at the moment...:D.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts