Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why were/are the Beatles so popular?

I’ve seen the old footage, the screaming girls and all of that stuff.

I’ve heard their noises and frankly I’m still completely underwhelmed by it and can’t see anything worth buying. “She loves you ya ya ya” doesn’t do a thing for me.

So what is it about the Beatles which made young girls go mad and a whole generation lose their minds?

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Why were/are the Beatles so popular?

I’ve seen the old footage, the screaming girls and all of that stuff.

I’ve heard their noises and frankly I’m still completely underwhelmed by it and can’t see anything worth buying. “She loves you ya ya ya” doesn’t do a thing for me.

So what is it about the Beatles which made young girls go mad and a whole generation lose their minds?
Dear old Grand dad told me when I was young" if they had come over eating horse poo there wouldn't be a pile to be found" That brings back memories!!!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Marketing.

I've never figured that out either. But then there are a few others I'm not quite understanding how they got to where they got.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
I never liked the Beatles. I never screamed like that at a concert either. Stevie Nicks, Reba, Charlie McClain, Martina...nope, treated them with all due respect.

I feel like the Beatles should use the Me Too list of all those women that objectified them way back then. And those poor guys that got chili bowl haircuts to attract women were so misguided lol.

·
Registered
11,304 Posts
It was a new generation of kids going from the standard be bop tunes to something new they felt only they identified with. Sort of like a cult I suppose. I didn't care for the Beatles when I was younger; now I have grown to appreciate their talents and breaking down how they wrote their music.
I would not want to go to a concert where the crowds drowned out the band.

·
Registered
34,279 Posts
New different. The Beatles were new. They were young girls. Some young girls scream.

I love the Beatles.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
They scream for the same reason they screamed for Elvis and now FN Meka

1 - 9 of 9 Posts