Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive had a rabbit with a gi problem he got a cecal stuck closing off for a day stop eating clean him off the next morning and he still was barely eating after nursing him back with greens and high fiber hay. was fine last night this morning he had pasterella labor breathing and not moving ill culled him right away. Since i gave that rabbit to my brother i gave him the option to keep it or throw it away he wanted to keep it. other then being a bit fatty his organ where stopless while cleaning he hit the stomach or lung and there was white puss is the meat still good to eat? no spots everything looke clean othr then that one lung idk . . .

·
Premium Member
25,172 Posts
I don't know about eating it. I know you get worse stuff from the store and you don't know how sick those animals were before being processed. Hopefully someone with more experience can help you. Me personally, I would not eat it since it was sick before you dispatched it.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I will just say that if you fix it to eat----YOU ARE GONNA BE THINKING ABOUT IT........therefore no matter how you cook it------it ain't gonna taste good.

Therefore----don't eat it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts