To all (neighborly help

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by WillowWisp, Aug 24, 2004.

1. WillowWisp

WillowWisp Well-Known Member

Everyone here has their opinion and there has been a lot of heat.
    This is a homestead board for neighborly help, and truthfully that is all I was looking for even though yes I complained and that irks some people
    who don't know me, don't know everything about me, etc. I also have received a lot of help and I greatly appreciate all the different views.
    I remember the quote "I always complained because I had no shoes until I met a man that had no feet" Its very true, and that is another reason I have come here because part of getting better physically and emotionally is learning from other people's attitudes and trying to adjust, change your thought process, learn how people doing it the hard way really do it. Yeah, I have bad days, and better days.
    I have applied for disability, but I do not intend it to be permanent. I want to finish graduate school once I get managed. I have no plans on being on SSI forever folks. I just talk alot, and yeah any job ideas that might be good in the future, maybe even near future would be wonderful. Someone had suggesting volunteering. I think that would be a great start for me to see what I can handle first. Once I am working, I don't want to get fired.

Take care to you all
    Michelle in Colorado :)

2. Michelle in Colorado

Besides being depressed and on and on, it seems to me that you're needing (or wanting) a lot of attention----meaning that you're trying to dominate this forum. I'm sorry for you but enough is enough.

3. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Michelle/Willow,

You know we generally give a lot of leeway to newbies here. And I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

However, we have had our share of PIA trolls here. If you want to be taken seriously, read some of the archive on frugal living. Starting so many threads about your issues can lead many, as BooBoo did on the other thread, to see you as a troll--true or not. Heck, my first thought was that you were the return of Jagger, to be honest.

To maintain your credibility, slow down and listen to the board by reading and posting on other threads, checking the archive, offering suggestions to others' concerns. We can be a pretty friendly bunch once you get to know us. Be patient with our doubts too as we get to know you.

4. Terri

Terri Singletree & Weight Loss & Permaculture Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Talking a lot can be an asset, Willow. Receptionist? Making talking books for the blind? survey taker?

I suspect that SOME jobs you can take in SPITE of the fact that you have not gotten your health problems under control. Cause, I can tell how BORED you are! :haha:

5. PIA?

6. rambler

rambler Well-Known Member Supporter

We all do. It's best for us all to remember that every now & then.

I think everyone who replied to you wants life to be better. There are just so many different paths to get there. Ain't nobody _against_ others around here - we all just see different paths for you (and others) to take.

May we all find good paths for ourselves.

--->Paul

7. daileyjoy

daileyjoy Well-Known Member

Gosh its a wonder we have new members at all with the lovely welcome wagon you guys rolled out. People come here to complain everyday, I see more posts about people whining than I honestly care too so why is her post any different. Why not just ignore it, why go out of your way to hurt someone who is already hurting. Welcome Willow. I hope things get better for you. :)

Jennifer

8. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Unregistered: PIA "Pain In the ___"

9. I hope she _makes_ things better for herself. Whatever path that is.

I don't know that it helps to hope & wait for things to get better on their own. That rarely works. One just stays unhappy & miserable & waiting. I seriously doubt things will _get_ better for her. That suggests dependance - on the people that she used to be around, on her current husband, on the govt for assistance, etc. I do not see any of that as a good future for her. Are you sure you really hope for things to 'get' better for her?

She can certainly use the govt for a stepping stone & for help & guidance. She can form a partnership with her husband where they rely upon each other. She can find a direction for her life.

It might just seem like only semantics to some, but there is a real difference there, and seems to be what all the hoopla is about.

Can you see the difference in words & thoughts?

I have seen almost every single person pulling for Willow on this board. All good messages, even the critical ones. Even the ones some people don't understand. People are just looking at different ways to get there. Some of them are more vocal about her getting some _independance_ in her life, rather than continuing to lean on others which is a constant dead end for her. She needs to focus one one small step in her life & deal with it, do it, go there, acheive that. Then move on to the next step. That dead-end-dependant part of her personality has come through pretty clearly. I hope she can free herself from that self-destruction.

Even the subject title of her messages contains 2, 3, 4 different topics. She is looking at the whole world, and it is scary. It's so easy to say, but hard to do: Focus on one little thing, and accomplish that. Then move on to the next little thing.

Pretty soon, one's life seems much more orderly and you feel in control of things. Just one little step at a time - not the whole big picture.

As a simple dirt farmer, I'm not qualified to hand out advise. But, folks come here asking for advise. Well, they get it. In spades. Another part of human nature we all have to deal with. :)

Willow, I do hope for the best for you. But you need to earn it, or it will mean nothing to you. Think one little thing at a time, and work to improve your situation, don't depend on others. Earn your improvements, and you will enjoy life. That is my advise. You've had lots of other good ideas here in the past week - from many different people, and worded very differently. But - all good advise.

--->Paul

10. Jen H

Jen H Well-Known Member

Hey, everybody complains sometimes. I know I have my whiney moments. What matters is what you do after you get the complaints out of your system. I know that I generally pick up the shovel, pitchfork, vacuum cleaner, mop, what have you, and get back to work.

I guess my advise would be to schedule 1 simple thing each day. Make it something you can actually accomplish. This helped me after I divorced my first husband and things were completely overwhelming. Eventually I was accomplishing 2 and even 3 things daily, and things did get easier. Lord knows it didn't get easier overnight, but it did happen.

Oh, and Paul - there's no such thing as a simple dirt farmer. Farming's darned hard work, nothing simple about it.

11. Terri

Terri Singletree & Weight Loss & Permaculture Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Imagine someone who is lost in a building and cannot find the way out. It is better to point out the windows and the doors, than to stick pins in them until they figure it out.

And, yes, focus is a VERY! valuable thing.

12. WillowWisp

Look,
    Are you worried about conspiracy takeover or something. I am a very talkative person. I don't want attention, and that is not why I posted here. However I do feel a bit defensive at times, and that is the reason for some of the followup posts. I never asked you to feel sorry for me or anyone. I want to get opinions from people that have a lot more experience in this world than I do. But, I have been having a hard time...lot better than some folks. Why don't you get yourself a registration here and an identity since you seem to be one of the most paranoid invisible people I have seen. I have not just talked about being depressed. Yeah it was in the posts. Just like if you are who I think you are amongst some of the more mild unregistered folks, all the things you have to say are useless and nasty. Any other main thread from here on out will not be all about how tough my life is, even though I should have a right to post for advice.

Good Day

13. WillowWisp

Even though you are unregistered, you offer sound statements. It really peeves me the person, I cannot really say people cuz there arent many on here that are unregistered and outright nasty. Most are nice folks. I am not perfect, but I have been looking to other things too. I have been in a bad place, but even I know that is not forever. I love my husband very much...and I really want to go back to college. Things have been just a little crazier than I expected, and now I have to look to what my options are to save money with my hubby, get treated, and get my butt back to work hopefully as soon as possible.
    God bless