To all Meat Breeders

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Rancher, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Rancher

Rancher Well-Known Member

I have a question. After kindling, what is the earliest time span do you rebreed your does? Example.... 2 weeks after kindling, 3 weeks after, 4 weeks?
    Rancher

2. dale anne

dale anne Well-Known Member

Howdy. I have rebred my does as close as 3 weeks after kindling but this is not a common practice of mine. This is only when 90% of the kits dont make it for one reason or another. The common practice for breeding I use is 4-6 times a year for my does. I keep 5 does to every 1 buck. This way I am not being cruel to any of the does. I also give 1 doe a year a 6 month break.I have found that constant breeding back to back will cause many problems for the does and the kits....good luck...dale anne

3. dlwelch

dlwelch Well-Known Member

I rebreed at 10 to 28 days according to doe condition and size of
    litter. Some does can handle a more intensive breedback; others
    cannot.

4. Tracy

Tracy Well-Known Member

11 days after kindle. This is consistent, if a doe looses condition she is culled and relpacement juniors are ready to step in.

You will have a lot more problems with breeding if you do not follow a consistent breed back schedule year long. Many people quit breeding during the winter months around here, the does get to fat and they do not concieve well or at all when they are eventually rebred.

5. Rancher

Rancher Well-Known Member

thanks Dale, Linda, and Tracy