TO 35 project

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by Ross, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Here's some before pictures, we'll get after pictures when it's done.....soon...ish.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry if that takes too long to download! I just got new lights for the beast, $80 CND which stings a bit, but fussing with used lights would end up costing more with my impatience. The steering wheel is off but new as is the dash instruments, which I was going to leave out until it was painted but I also wanted everything to work so I didn't damage the paint after. Guess I'll tape them off. The ID tag actually unscrewed so its off, for now. The hood is off and plan A is to paint the tank and dash when I do the 165 (yeah I'll get pictures of it too) Three Masseys in arow, my Fords will be wanting attention too!! In fact I just finished puttign the front end back together on my 6600 loader tractor new rims and all.

2. mtman

mtman Well-Known Member

how is the motor in it i would love to do an old tractor like that over

3. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Mechanically it needed a tune up kit, the tranny shift lever and the hydraulic fuid changed (with the tranny flushed for goo and pick up screen washed. Oh and a steering wheel as the old one was crumbling. I put a new set of instruments in as well and they all work now too. It runs very well and although the PTO clutch was sticking at first, I simply hooked it up to my NH 315 square baler (rated for 60 hp) and turned it on and off and the "use" freed it up. I have to rebuild my backhoe swing cyls so the project is on hold for a few days. I did get the dash, gas tank, and rad painted. That 165 is done too although I'm less than pleased with it.

4. mtman

mtman Well-Known Member

well have fun doing it i know i would the ol girl is going to look great with new paint

5. John Hill

John Hill Grand Master

Hmmm! That looks like a spitting image of the grey Fergy 35 we had around here, right down to the incendary underslung exhaust. Nice little tractor provided they are only called upon to do what they were designed for. A bit of a hazard getting on and off compared to other tractors of their era.