Title for last Harry Potter book announced

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by IMContrary, Dec 21, 2006.

1. IMContrary

IMContrary Well-Known Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20061220/wl_uk_afp/afpentertainmentbritain_061220211515

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061221/ap_en_ce/books_potter_title

R.K. Rowling has revealed the name for the seventh and last book in the series. To find out, go to here site and follow the following directions:

"If you go to jkrowling.com, click on the eraser and you will be taken to a room — you'll see a window, a door and a mirror.

In the mirror, you'll see a hallway. Click on the farthest doorknob and look for the Christmas tree. They click on the center of the door next to the mirror and a wreath appears. Then click on the top of the mirror and you'll see a garland.

Look for a cobweb next to the door. Click on it, and it will disappear. Now, look at the chimes in the window. Click on the second chime to the right, and hold it down. The chime will turn into the key, which opens the door. Click on the wrapped gift behind the door, then click on it again and figure out the title yourself by playing a game of hangman."

I don't know about you, but I'm already getting very excited! Here's hoping she can finish it soon and it will be published sometime in the next year. Although, at the same time, I'm a bit sad that the series will be ending. I just hope Harry doesn't die, but I have a strange feeling he just might.

2. SherrieC

SherrieC Well-Known Member

Arrrgggh!! I don't have time to play the game right now!! the suspense is Killing Me!! The Next Movie comes out on my 20 yr olds 21st birthday! : ) He want s to go see it too!

3. michiganfarmer

michiganfarmer Max Supporter

Ive heard that one of the main characters dies.

4. IMContrary

According to Scholastic, her publisher, the title is "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows". Sounds scary!

5. FarmGoddess

FarmGoddess Well-Known Member

Enough of the hype already, just publish the book!!!!

:hobbyhors :hobbyhors :hobbyhors

6. Peacock

Peacock writing some wrongs Supporter

That already happened! Who's next? :rolleyes:

7. vulcan

vulcan Well-Known Member

Harry Potter is just garbage some of you guys are Christian and you are playing with the Ocult. I dont know you should pray and ask the Lord for an answer.

8. vulcan

vulcan Well-Known Member

Harry Potter is just garbage, Guys just dont read things like this I am praying for you guys. Nothing to do with the dark has something to do with the light.

9. AR Cattails

AR Cattails Well-Known Member Supporter

I know alot of people believe that if you are Christian then you are suppose to hightail it clear of the Harry Potter books and movies. I don't agree. I'm Christian and I love Harry Potter. I read it for what it is, a good fictional, good vs. evil book. I guess some people think that witches and such are going to jump out of the book and turn you into God-hating zombies and eat your children or something. Ok, I jest, but I see nothing at all threatening to the Christian faith at all. As the books progress, they do tend to turn a little darker and may not be for the very youngest of children but are no threat to Christians, unless maybe you are not strong in the faith. My sister, who is a better Christian than I, use to feel that way and would never buy the books or video games for her children until she checked into it a little bit more and then she couldn't figure out what it was she was fearing. I can not wait for the 7th book to come out. I just got through re-reading the series and will probably re-read them again sometime before that new book comes out.

Just enjoy them. The characters celebrate Christmas and Easter and such. They're mostly good characters with just a few evil ones to stir up the pot and make life hard for poor Harry.

10. reluctantpatriot

reluctantpatriot I am good without god.

Terra Planet, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
    If a work of fiction gets you so upset, then I guess anyone in real life who is not a hardliner like you must really make your blood boil.

I will tell you a secret, you no more have the corner on the faith market than anyone else. You don't own "God" nor have a copyright on the concept.

We are all have the concept of god within each of us and what we do to ourselves, think about ourselves, affects our surroundings and our lives.

Get over this fictional literature series. Live a little. :1pig: :p :dance: :angel:

11. Reptyle

Reptyle Well-Known Member

I think my soul will be just fine if I never have someone of your caliber (or lack of) pray for me...If harmless fiction elicits this kind of response from you, perhaps you should avoid the threads where it is discussed.

I too, am looking forward to the final book...She just needs to hurry up and finish it. :dance:

12. pasotami

pasotami Hangin out at the barn!

Oh my.... I have no doubt about my faith and relationship with God.... so I read fiction books. I'm not much of a movie goer but I have seen all of the Potter ones. I have always wanted to see if good wins!
    I am very glad that I am on the prayer list of another - the more I get the better it makes me, but it does not change my relationship with God or my faith.
    I do hope that the one that is so upset over the Potter books does not read Steven King or even Daniel Steel... they go against good christian behavior and faith. Do stick with the rightous books of religion so one does not struggle with emotions for others. Be at peace with yourself and others will follow you.

13. rkintn

rkintn mean people suck

Okay, I followed your directions and I can't get the door to open. Any other hints? :)

14. SherrieC

I have done it twice and can open the hangman game, but it won't load or something because at that point it goes dark and nothing else happens : (

I have always love fitional stories that are full of other realities, like J.R.R Tolkiens, and the lion whitch and wardrobe, watership down, the plague dogs, dune, I started reading these when I was 11, and never outgrew them! I also Shamelessly watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer, even have an orpingten hen named Buffy the egg layer! and one named Sarah, arau -conner (terminater)
    I'm also Shamelessly a Christian! most of these stories are of Good V.S. Evil, the lion W & W , is based on the Authors idea, of what Jesus would be in an alternate universe.

I started reading these to my 5 year old son, and he at just turned 9 today has been reading Harry Potter for 6 months on his own.

15. IMContrary

I can't get the door to open. :-( any of you that have been able to do so, what are you doing? I get the wreathes, christmas tree, garland, everything else.

16. Elffriend

Elffriend Well-Known Member

click the fourth chime of the windchimes.
    It will turn into a key that you drag to the keyhole

17. SherrieC

and then clik on the keyhole!

18. sidepasser

sidepasser Well-Known Member

I love Harry Potter books and I am 47 years young and a Christian..I also read the J.R.R. Tolkien series once every other year.

good versus evil..what is the harm in that? It reinforces that Good triumphs over evil and that there are hardships along the way..I believe the Bible points that out to us many times..thinking of wandering in the desert for 40 years..jeez that was hard..and Soddom and Gammorah (sp?) - they got exactly what they deserved..evil abounds everywhere and I bet you never watch the news..why that in itself is enough to scare me - Headline: XX murders XX, XX blows up XX...

It's fiction and if you can't separate reality from fiction you are a sad case - so don't read the thread - plain and simple. If my faith were so slight that reading a book caused me to doubt..I'd head right off to pray awhile and hope to reinforce my belief system.

Take it for what it is - fictional story with good characters against bad characters. No witch will come get you in the middle of the night...we promise!

19. manygoatsnmore

manygoatsnmore Well-Known Member Supporter

WE read them here at our house and have survived the experience. DD and I DO know how to separate non-fiction from fiction, after all. I am wondering what the final book will bring...there have been hints that 2 major characters and possibly Harry may die...it was bad enough when she killed off Dumbledore. And, yes, I'm 47 and enjoy the books as much as dd, nearly 15, does.

Does anyone else have the books on CD? Jim Dale has read each of the books, and does a wonderful job with all the different voices. We quite often will listen to one of the audio books while we are working around the houe or barn.

20. SherrieC

I really want to get the books on tape as I 've heard a little of them and they are Fantastically read! I beleive strongly in reading to children and I can rip right thru a book when reading to myself, but I think because of Allergies? I can't read aloud very long : ( my voice gives out.