Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was rummaging through images and ran across this plan I made about 8 years ago for a little house near our creek. Thought it might be of help for some.

The basic idea is to use a 24' x 24' footprint, which is 3 4x8 sheets of plywood or floor decking long by 6 wide. Using standard sizes means less cutting and maximum use of materials, for low cost. The dwelling was to be on posts, raised up about 4' from the ground with 2x6" joists (because of the small size/load/and spans).

Cooktop is a standard coleman white gas camp stove (two burners, not the 4 the CAD program puts in). The love seat pulls out to a full size bed. Storage is along one wall floor to ceiling - closet, drawers, shelving, with that area doubled up on joists and directly over the posts. Bookcases over the desk are not shown. Toilet could be camp toilet or sawdust toilet.

Two standard patio door sliders provide entrance onto a small covered deck. With screening/railing of the deck and a screen door on it, security would be fairly easy. The area behind the love seat / bed is purposely dead space for putting the schmutz of living that would otherwise be piled all over the living area. A loft could be added, although the dwelling is designed for two people.

Tweak it around as you want. My general idea was a quiet tiny house that used the view of the creek as a focal point.

Attachments

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Is there a sleeping loft, or will you sleep on the sofa? It's a nice little floor plan.

·
Premium Member
11,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The general idea was to sleep on the sofa/pull out, primarily for the view and not having to deal with a ladder. Kids would have no problem with a loft. I wondered if you might like the "front porch." :D

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
I'd love the front porch, thank you. And I'd do the sofa also, if it were my place. Loft for the young knees.

·
Born city, love country
438 Posts
Awesome. Full roof over the porch would give enough room for a loft. Add a couple of dormers for a view of the creek. Either way, it has a porch and that is most important.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts